“Best Hotel in Alexandria”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Oklahoma, USA
“Best Hotel in Alexandria”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Brand new Hampton Inn at Alexandria, close to the highway and airport. No problems with the hotel but it was a bit overpriced for the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bengali2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here recently while traveling for a job interview. This is a very nice hotel that is very well maintained, and the staff - from the front desk personnel to housekeeping - was top notch. The fresh baked cookies in the afternoon were great and much appreciated! We chose to eat breakfast elsewhere but it was not due to the food offered; the breakfast looked appetizing and plentiful. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Candee B
Louisiana
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My kids and I stayed at the Hampton Inn while my husband was on a business trip in Alexandria. We hung around the hotel pool during the day while he was in meetings. It was small but nice and very clean. The staff was kind enough to open the pool early and never appeared put out by our requests for fresh pool towels. My only complaint is the sewage stinch that would appear every so often. I did not bring this to anyone's attention as it was likely that nothing could be done anyway.
The hotel was clean, decor nice, and beds comfy. The breakfast was very good and had something for each of us. My kids loved getting hot chocolate from the lobby before bed.
The staff at the front desk and in housekeeping were all so friendly and helpful.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay - a typical Hampton Inn with an exceptional staff.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mzb001
Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Coming into Alexandria at 11pm, we were looking for a hotel just for an overnight stay on our way to New Orleans. Picked the Hampton Inn since we have always chosen Hampton Inn's in the past. Very satisfied with our stay. The rooms are nicely updated and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very nice and the staff was friendly. The hotel appeared very clean and nice overall. I can't speak for the fitness room or pool since we didn't use either but we enjoyed our stay there and will stay there again on any of our trips to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bella1949
DC
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I'm in the Military and was on TDY to Ft Polk. I flew into Alexandria and discovered that the airlines had lost my luggage. I had to stay in Alexandria to retrieve my bags later that night so I found the Hampton nearby.

I inquired at the front desk as to what the military per diem rate is and was quoted at $95/ night. Having stayed with the Hilton Family before, I never questioned the rate.

Upon returning to home station I find out that the actual military per diem rate is only $70/ night. So I figured that a call to the hotel would fix the problem. After several phone calls to the hotel staff, manager, and Hilton Family, I am still not satisfied with the answer I received, "we apologize, but there is nothing we can do".

The front desk staff deliberately lied to my face and the Hilton Family is not willing to settle this matter. I DO NOT recommend that any Military Service Men and Women stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank SFWO
Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Outstanding Service, Thank you Ms. Courtney Clarke and Ms. Nikki Lacour you made our stay fantastic (see again in July 2009). The room was very clean and nicely decorated with contemporary furniture and high speed internet. The beds were ... Very comfortable and the room was quiet, the coffee was always fresh we also enjoyed fitness center and the safety of the location compared to any hotel on or near macarthur drive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Alexandria la., IT WAS A PLEASURE BEING GREETED BY SUCH BEAUTIFUL SMILING FACES THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank brooklyn750
Dallas-Fort Worth
Reviewed May 5, 2009

spotted the "phone bank" of hotels in the baggage claim area (AEX) and called the number to advise of my arrival and need for airport pickup. The clerk said she would be happy to call a cab for me. I didn't realize the hotel didn't offer an airport shuttle which is customary for airport area hotels. Cab fare is 12.00 each way! Now I know. The LaQuinta, right next door to this property, has a courtesy van. Stupid me for booking Hampton.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business