“This is your average Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Houston, Texas
“This is your average Hampton”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I always stay here when passing thru on business. I will probably next time too. But that's mainly because the other options are not as good.

This has no real bearing on my "average" rating but it is worth noting - on my last visit here I had reserved a suite and it was unavailable when I checked in due to some folks staying a few extra days. It happens. But hey, they should have been moved to a different room to accommodate my arrival. Pretty sure I didn't get a rate reduction either for the lessor room, but not complaining as it's all about the points.

I do recommend the place, but will be watching the reviews.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
On behalf of the staff and management of the Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, LA, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. There are many options for you when choosing a hotel and we are honored you chose us and we appreciate your feedback.

Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you so we can strive to score even higher with you on your next trip. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit or call me at any time.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Allentown, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The staff in this hotel is 1 of the 2 best I've ever encountered anywhere in the world! Near airport, great room layouts with the window directly in front of the bed in some rooms instead of beside the bed. I highly recommend this location!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf of the staff and management of the Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, LA, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. There are many options for you when choosing a hotel and we are honored you chose us and we appreciate your kind words.

The room layout is nice in this hotel. I would recommend you try one of our Studio Suites next time you are in town.

Trussville, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My stay at the Hampton Inn in Alexandria, Louisiana was the typical busy business trip I frequently make. Being a frequent traveler, I encounter many different hotels and attitudes, which range from awesome to poor. This stay was slightly different because I left something in my room. I was worried at first but when I called the hotel back, Hannah at the front desk had already started to handle my problem. I was going to ask if they could mail the small item to my home and she had already boxed it up in anticipation of doing just that. She only waited to confirm my address, which was a smart thing to do because I recently moved and my Hilton Honors profile had not been updated yet. Traveling for business is not always the best time, but when the hotel staff members are in good spirits and have awesome cheerful attitudes, it makes for a much better experience. One of the staff even made some great recommendations for the local cuisine. The next night, the staff recommended some delivery, since I was too tired to go out but was fairly hungry after working 12 hours. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I come to this area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah does a great job for us and I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of the staff.

Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were scheduled to stay for just 4 nights and had to extend to 9 and for those 9 days we couldn't have asked for a more friendly, helpful, and welcoming staff. Many thanks to Desmone and Hannah.

The buffet had the usual suspects of bread, bagels, English and pastries, yogurt, fruit, coffee, etc. The hot breakfast changed each day some days scrambled eggs, western omelet, steak and eggs, or cheese omelet. The meat selection varied too.

At the end of the day, there are cookies at reception....known to my great granddaughter as "secret cookies". One night after dinner when we came back to the hotel all of the "secret cookies" were gone. When I saw Jennifer (the lady who manages breakfast) in the morning I told her of my great grands disappointment that there weren't any more cookies. Jennifer offered to bake her some! Now how often does that happen? Thank you Jennifer!

The room was clean and comfortable and a respite from some very trying days.

A short drive from the hotel there are two very good restaurants. Verona Italian whose owner, Tony Fracatti, is very welcoming and makes you feel a part of the family and the food is very good. You have to try the Lemoncello Mousse Cake. We found this restaurant to be a favorite with locals

The other is the Cajun Landing and as the name implies Cajun food that was very good. The bread is simply divine and melts in your mouth. Save room for the dessert. Another local favorite.

Another restaurant is Spirits that is more of a sports bar with a limited menu that is a favorite of locals, but wasn't for us.

We appreciate the attitude of all of the staff. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, February 11, 2014

The winter storms have been a challenge for us this year. I know you were not thrilled about having to extend your stay but we are glad to know your stay was enjoyable. We pride ourselves in providing great hospitality and it is great to hear the positive feedback.

Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.
TERRY, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This place was like a home away from home. Great place to stay. I will stay here again. The service was great. The staff help me find a route to make it to my business meeting safely during the ice storm. The rooms were also clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, February 7, 2014

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Managed to stay at the Hampton Alexandria during the snow ice storm in late Jan. The Hotel staff was very helpful during the snow in helping us find places to eat close by and routes to our destinations each day as I 49 was shut down. Excellent Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Indianpolis, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Very nice and well maintained hotel. Staff is very courteous, friendly and efficient. I stay here every year and will continue to do so. May be just a touch pricey - but that is driven by the competition for rooms during the week I am in Alexandria.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, January 30, 2014

We welcome feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or it is constructive criticism. Please rest assure that your issue with the tub has been addressed and we are taking the necessary action to correct the issues you experienced.

Again thank your kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.