“must stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My stay at the Alexandria Hampton was exceptional. Even thou there were several softball teams at the same location the staff was outstanding, they never missed an opportunity to ensure we were all taking care. I was a part of a family reunion package of at least 20 people

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great set up in rooms, not the usual hotel layout. Our bed faced the window instead of it being sideways to it. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. The bathroom had a nice little cabinet behind the door convenient to store toiletries.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Since we started our road trip a week ago, we thought Hampton Inn standards and rates were quite stable......well, we were wrong in this case
Why? 1/ Rate was much higher (we did not know that Alexandria, Louisiana was so trendy 2/ Youngs adults had a cake battle in the elevator and hall at 11:00 PM, causing trouble for people on our floor (cake bits everywhere on the floor and embedded on our doorjamb)....we would have expected at least a little word of excuse from the management, but no, nothing as if nothing happened 3/The TRAIN woke us up at sunrise (arrrrrrgh!@&*!!!!!!)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Stan C.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was the first nights stay on statewide rounds and the first time staying at this particular hotel. While previous reviews mentioned hearing the train throughout the night, I only heard it once in the afternoon. I was a little concerned, as I am not a heavy sleeper. I had no problems and, actually had one of my best nights sleep in weeks. The room is standard Hampton quality. Clean and typical in size and amenities. The gym was very nice and all the equipment worked well.
I was slightly disappointed in the manager's reception. This has become more common with Hampton Inn. They offered a good selection of Alcohol and non alcohol beverages, but the food was a party mix... My only other disappointment was with the pool. I realize that it is early in the season, but it was FULL of grass. If this was the grounds crew that did it, it was simply unacceptable. To be fair, I did not notify them of this, although I know the manager walked outside while we were in the pool.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely! These are merely areas that I believe could improve a very good stay into an excellent one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hampton Inn in Alexandria, Louisiana provided excellent service during a recent business trip. Friendly staff, a good Hampton breakfast and new, clean hotel. Overall, one of the better Hampton Inns in the chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hampton Inn is usually my hotel of choice, and when I became ill on a recent trip I stopped here for the night. I never did get the room cooled off. I had problems with the thermostat the whole time, and the internet kept throwing me off. The coffee pot was on a shelf behind the bathroom door and I didn't find it until I got ready to leave. But of course, there is always coffee in the lobby. I really wish hotels would offer more gluten free choices. At least one cereal. The bed was comfortable and the shower was great. It is still better than most of the hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Stan C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a nice comfortable friendly hotel! I have stayed a few times and been pleased each time! Jeron is great at greeting the customers and makes them feel welcome! Will definitely stay again! Hotel sits next to Cracker Barrel & Eddie's Bar B.Q. McDonalds & Burger King very close. Good proximity to airport. Best choice for staying in Alexandria.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family