Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria
$84
$82
$89
Hotels.com
All reviewsmanagers receptioncracker barrelgreat hotelhotel staffclose to the airportburger kingwould stay here againcomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripa great staygreat roombusiness centerfitness roomclean roomseasy accessstayed one nightnew orleans
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn On June 8 and after one night I had to check out and stay across the street at the Comfort Suites. The water softener at the Hampton is set so high that it is absolutely impossible towash the soap or the shampoo off of my body. I developed a horrible rash after taking a shower and spent all the next day itching and using Benadryl to calm the skin irritation. Hampton permitted me to check out one day early but I still had to pay for the first night in the itchy skin hotel. The desk clerk informed me that they have to keep the water softener on high because guests had been complaining of rust stains in the toilets. There are major cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling and the carpet is so dirty that walking on it in white gym socks caused the soles of my socks to turn black. Even the wireless internet service was as slow as dial up. I always stay at Hilton properties when traveling but I will never stay here again. To think that I paid $173.70 to be miserable and have a hotel admit they know about the problem but they won't remove the charge is awful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank pittston
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I travel on a weekly basis and this hotel by far is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Upon entering the room I noticed the floor had not been swept. The refrigerator had not been emptied or cleaned. Furthermore, I went in the restroom and there was urine on the toilet seat and the inside of the toilet bowl was filthy. I complained to the front desk and she sent someone up to my room .He came in the room and didn't speak or apologize for the inconvenience. He cleaned the toilet seat, however, he totally disregared the inside of the toilet bowl. All I have to say is WOW!!! From my understanding the hotel hasn't been there very long. By the look of things, it looks like it's been there for years. In my opinion, stay at the Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Joy3043
Reviewed March 26, 2011

This is a new Hampton, the breakfast was great and was conveniently located to other restaurants and service stations. However, the room rate was high compared to other Hamptons. I liked the decor and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank XNAGirl
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We were looking for a convenient stop on the way from Dallas to New Orleans. Hampton Inn was very nice. Staff was very helpful, rooms were nice and free breakfast was good. Can't complain about anything so I gave them a 5. Right on the highway so very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2010

The bathroom tub has body dirt built up so bad that the resulting stains must be scrubbed to remove. The ceiling paint is peeling. The wallpaper is peeling, mold is growing in the corners of the floor, the carpet at the work desk is threadbare, the water softener is set so high that it is nearly impossible to wash the soap from your body. The very friendly front desk stated that they have very hard water and must have the softener set that high to avoid stains in the toilets. This was my 2nd assigned room. The 1st assigned room was much dirtier and neither the phone or the TV worked. I will stay somewhere else when visiting Alexandria in the future.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business