Best Western Of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
“Bed bugs!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I caught bed bugs after staying here for 3 days. I have never had bed bugs before and they did not surface until the day after I left. The rooms weren't horrible but the housekeeping service was. It would take at least 2 hours to receive anything you called for (towels, plunger, etc.) and some of the housekeepers were unfriendly. This place does have an indoor pool and pretty good breakfast. But I guarantee I will never be back... Not when they have bed bugs.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank josie2ps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I just moved from Minnesota to Alexandria and stayed at Best Westerns all the way down because they have nice big rooms, great breakfasts, great staff at a reasonable price! The 2nd nite I was here I was walking by a section of the older rooms and ahead of me saw empty beer cans outside the door of the room and when I walked by the room I saw four drunk men who called out to me as I walked by! That whole section of the hotel was deserted and I was walking by myself! I contacted the front desk and was told they couldn't do anything about it per their general manager! I had to finally call the police because I didn't feel safe in the hotel!! I told the hotel those men could have grabbed me, raped or killed me and no one would have heard a thing! Never stay here esp if you are a woman travellIng alOne as I was! In addition - no hot water in the morning, a useless ancient wireless router, poorly cleaned rooms (depending on the housekeeper - some were very good) with an empty coffee cup left on my bathroom floor, a TV remote that was broken,etc!!!! Good things were the breakfast people (the cook and hostess! Most of the people who work here are black and they had a raise in years. But the conference - those people get to stay in nice updated rooms with the new routers!! This place downright is shady!!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Miss_Kimmie
Simpson, LA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here during a women's conference. Rooms are extremely nice, some even with fireplaces. Staff is exceptional. Offer great rates, too!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ozarkgirl11
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I love this place. A chef makes breakfast for you everyday. They offer free drinks every evening during the week. The rooms are great and service is even better. The staff and manager are eager to help and solve any problems you may have. I have been staying here off and on for work for the past three months and have never had any health problems from the rooms or linens.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
La
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed here for a conference. Great place to go! Wonderful service, clean rooms. We had a fridge issue and they fixed it right away. Breakfast was really good. Conference rooms are big and clean. Wonderful Experience! Can't wait to go back in June!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
arlington, tx
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I've read the reviews and was discouraged until I deceided to try this hotel for myself. I was very glad that i did. The reviews were wrong for me. My wife and i had a great experience. The breakfast was great, they cooked it while we waited. The staff was very friendly. Our room was a suite that opened to their atrium that was beautifully decorated and clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: the suites are a great value that makes you feel like your at home
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I've been staying at this best western on business, so I didn't choose the hotel. The beds are springy and hard. The comforters are so dirty that I got a horrible upper respiratory infection from one. I ended up having to go out and buy my own comforter. The rooms are dirty in general. I have to bring my own clean products. The fire sprinklers are DISGUSTING!! I don't even know if they would work if there was a fire. There's a conference center attached to the hotel atrium. If you want to sleep, don't stay at this hotel. They book this center for parties all night sometimes. That means if you are anywhere near the center you get to listen to their music all night. The only reason why I give this hotel a "Poor" instead of a "Terrible" is because they have a "chef" here who will make you breakfast in the morning, though most of it is prepared food. And they have an indoor heated pool. But I don't need those in my room. I need comfort and this place sure lacks on comfort! It's gotta be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in!! I would NOT suggest it!

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, stay in the outside rooms. If you don't feel comfortable staying in outsid...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business