“Spacious Rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Large king room. Clean. Great breakfast! Helpful staff. Only complaint: make sure your room is away from the stairway. Door to stairway slams unbelievably hard and loud. Woke me at 6 AM. This was after my door handle was jiggled - my room was the last door on the left - stairway was last door on the right. Also, try to get room on top floor - less walking around noise from upstairs.

Room Tip: Away from stairway - top floor would be best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Walterene L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer satisfaction is always our goal.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My first thought was it was a nice hotel, especially for the money. Unfortunately, this did not prove true. First morning, housekeeping pounding on my door at 8am. Next day, I return to find all used towels gone & not replaced, including the ones I hung up. The next day, I return after 5pm to an unmade room, only I know housekeeping was there because they took what towels I had left. Seriously?! Went to front desk to ask for my room to be made up, I get it, things happen. Their solution was to hand me towels and say "sorry, have a great night". I stay at this chain all the time but not again in Alexandria, too many better options along the strip. I don't expect to be pampered but I do expect what I pay for!

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear EDelmotte,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We value you as our guest and your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced due to the unacceptable level of service received from our housekeeping staff. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites.

Zelyn N

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel wasn't anything remarkable. It was simply average. We stayed for a week and had to settle for a smoking room as that was all that was available despite daily requests to move to another room if possible. That said, we had a king suite. The beds were comfortable. The sofa bed was not. The first night the sheets smells of smoke and I requested fresh linens and remarkable they didn't smell any longer. It make me suspect that the sheets weren't changed prior to my arrival. I found the room relatively clean but details were missed (cobwebs in corner, curtains nasty). Our ac worked great. Pros: great job on breakfast, DVD players in suite. Staff helped with local recommendations. Cons: main bathroom off of breakfast area had broken lock. No sign was posted. When brought to stafff attenrion, it was well known that it was broken but shrugged off. Rude signs at elevators. Tacky! We were warned that it wasn't in a very good area and to not leave valuables in the vehicles.

It was an average stay at an average hotel. I didn't feel it was a value at all.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Kblank003,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate the kind words about our hotel, comfortable beds, breakfast menu exceeded your expectations and great staff. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

As always, HI and HIE are our choice of stay in any city. This hotel is very good, clean, and the staff was welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and had all I needed. Well worth the stay - price is right as well. Breakfast is typical HIE fare. This will be our hotel of choice while working in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We are so happy that your were pleased with your stay. As always we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Do not waste your money on this disastrous hotel. I was assured that internet capabilities would be furnished in my room, and that was not the case. When I asked the front desk clerk for assistance, she was rude & not helpful. When I tried to get my money back since I was not going to stay, I received no help or refund. The Candlewood Suites nearby was extremely helpful, sweet, & well priced. The suite was great and the staff was above and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Tom P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I humbly apologize for the inconvenience you had with our internet service and the dissatisfaction our service level has caused you.

Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Dhan M

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a recent overnight trip with my wife. Upon arrival, the receptionist, Troy, was very nice and had all my information readily available, which made for an expedient check-in. He made sure to point me to the locations of all the amenities, such as the gym, pool, business center, and continental breakfast area.

The room was nice and clean, and the A/C was superb. It was set on 60 when we walked in. Included with the room was complimentary wi-fi.

Location is nice, right off McAuthur, which has many food and retail options within a 10 minute drive.

My only gripe was noise. The walls seem fairly thin or uninsulated. I could hear people next door, in the hallway and above me all night. Other than that, we had a great stay, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others visiting Alexandria.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a very nice and apparently relatively new facility. Our suite was very large, with a comfortable chair and ottoman in the bedroom, which also included a very large TV. The living area was furnished with a sofa and coffee table and a 32 in TV. It also included a wet bar (i.e. a bar sink, refrigerator, microwave, plus cabinet space). All the furniture was high quality and contemporary styled.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for making us your choice hotel while in our area.