“I enjoyed my stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed there for the first time and I found it pretty typical of HIEX. No problems, clean, great beds and very nice staff! I glanced at the other reviews and I have a frown on my face. I do not recall any of these "problems" in my stay there. In fact, I can not think of any negatives. I will say that the price I paid was for certian on the high end for HIEX but, well, I can live with that.

I would not say this place was ok if it were not. I have stayed at 70+ different Holiday Inns this year- some better, some much worse- but overall, it has all the great things I like about HIEX. No worries.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is the very first review I have ever felt compelled to write. So disappointing for a Holiday Inn. In addition to being the most unclean hotel we have ever frequented, we cut our two night stay to one after being unable to sleep due to a lack of sound barriers in ceilings, walls, floors plus the added aggravation of uncourteous people allowing their children to run and scream down the halls at all hours of the day and night. My immediate reaction was to duck and run each time the a/c unit kicked on as it sounded like two consecutive gun shots. The only positive would be the fact that I used the opportunity to further teach my daughter the importance of common courtesies.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank kdbec
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear kdbec,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed one night. The bracket that keeps the mattress centered on the frame had broken off. So the mattress had shifted. When I came close to the bed the bare metal cut my leg. I told them about it in the morning. Also our air conditioner went off during an electrical storm. So my stay was not all that pleasant.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed there twice, each for a week. The rooms do have nice furniture, and the staff is nice. There was a really foul smell each time. Signs of the rooms not being cleaned were present. So much so that I bought some disinfectant and sprayed everything I might touch.
There was a filter in the coffee maker, a piece of toilet paper in the peep hole, and it just didn't seem like the rooms had been properly cleaned. Hopefully, If I have to return, the Candlewood will be open by then.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank sezzmi
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear sezzmi,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you liked our room furniture and you found our hotel staff nice. I am sorry that you were let down by the level of cleanliness in your room. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort you may have experienced.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were on the way to Vicksburg and stopped for the night here. Excellent property, very clean. We would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank txfrmgrl
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here 3 years ago and had a great experience. Needing to stay in Alexandria again we re-visited the same hotel, this time with a four year old. Great service, friendly staff, clean rooms with new flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. Decent breakfast. Easy parking.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Newly updated furniture, clean rooms and very friendly service. Small details were missed, pictures are nailed to the wall, with a poor attempt to cover nails, the outside of the windows are filthy and hard to see out of. However, the hotel hits the important things; it is clean, staff was great and they had warm cookies at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2012