“Good place to eat and hang out”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #100 of 165 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It's a typical Applebee's. Nothing special, but a nice place to eat and hang out for a little while.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have never had much luck at any Applebee's, but it was late and it was about all that was open. I ordered the Spinach/Berry Summer Salad, having seen the ads on TV, and the blondie bar with ice cream. I called for curb side pick-up twice before geting an answer, and then the phone was laid down until someone finally got on the line. I was told the order would be ready in 15 minutes. I arrived 20 minutes later, and sat in lot for an additional 15 minutes. I finally called inside, as I had work to do in the car. A nice server brought out my meal, and said he did not charge me for the dessert because of the wait. When I arrived back at hotel I realized perhaps why the dessert was free, as it was beyond stale, hard, dry, a brick. The salad was a delite. Fresh berries on top of fresh spinach with grilled chicken breast. A lite vinegarette finished off this summer treat. The salad was so good I decided to try Applebee's again th next night. I called at 910pm., and was told curbside did not operate afer 900pm., management did not want staff walkingout into the dark parking lot. I questioned that yet it was okay for cstomers to do what staff was not allowed to and was told no. If it is too dark and dangerous for staff, then how can customers feel safe. Applebee's has sunk to new lows.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Food below standard of what I expect to receive in a restaurant asking those prices...I have received a better burger from a fast food joint.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I finally gave up on ordering anything but the Santa Fe Chicken Salad there. I was hungry, and decided I would order one. They no longer have that on the menu, so I tried one of the new menu items, the lemon shrimp fettuccine. Shrimp were tiny, and overcooked, as were the artichoke hearts. Shana, at the bar was attentive, and the beer was beer.
I guess this will be my last trip to Applebee's.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We used to frequent this restuarant a lot until I witnessed the bartenders constantly over serving and not taking responsiblity for the drunk customer. I confronted the bar tender once and he only replied, "he's fine, he doesn't need a cab". The customer fell off the bar seat before exiting the restaurant....if that's not too much alcohol I don't know what is. I have never been back.