“Very Nice Addition to CENLA!”
Review of Brazil Steakhouse - CLOSED

Brazil Steakhouse
Cuisines: Brazilian
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place recently opened, I believe in early December 2012. I had a chance to try this restaurant out and I was impressed. It is a churrascaria type of restaurant for the most part, meaning its all you can eat meat that the chefs carve at your table. The wine list was small, but our waitress made a suggestion and it was quite good. Once you order drinks they tell you that your first entree is a new york strip steak, cooked to your liking. You can then either eat at the salad bar and your steak will come when done, or simply tell them you'd like to go straight to the entree. If you don't plan on eating salad, make sure you say so or you will be waiting at least 15-20 minutes before they ask you if you want to start the meat servings.

From here there are 13 different meat options including pork, beef, chicken, and lamb. My group tried all 13 cuts and most were very good. I think everything would be better if it weren't well done. Everything, right down to the filet was cooked well done... I personally didn't partake of the salad bar, but from the looks of other tables around it appeared to be a very nice spread of varying cheeses, lettuce, and jumbo shrimp.

Atmosphere was nice, sort of tiki themed, and service was incredible. Someone was always at the table and the chefs were full of jokes while they carved the meat. I also liked that you could request a certain cut and they would bring it out to your table promptly. We finished the meal with cinnamon covered grilled pineapple, which was awesome, and the recommended New York cheesecake, also awesome. When compared to other churrascaria restaurants, the price is really cheap especially considering its all you can eat meat.

All-in-all an excellent addition to CENLA and a very good restaurant. They are still young, but I feel in a couple months this place will be booming.