TripAdvisor

Los Portales
Ranked #51 of 186 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant was clean but located in a rather dismal shopping center. I had the fajita quesadilla with chicken and steak. The flavors were good but the steak was a little tough. My dining partner had the poblano relleno with ground beef. It was flavorful as well. Nothing bad but just typical Mexican fare. Prices were reasonable. I would go there again if I wanted basic Mexican food.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed March 1, 2019

Title says it all- the portions are HUGE and prices are very fair. We order from here often, and haven't found anything we dislike yet. Food comes out quickly. I wouldn't call this authentic as much as many places, but is very good, exceptional service.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We visit here a couple of times each year. Very clean restaurant, great staff, and very affordable food. Lunch and Dinner are very good.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank jasinoak
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

We often jump in for lunch as a place close to work (mall) for some guys in our network.
The salsa here is odd (at times more like a ketchup) but great prices, quick service & friendly staff.
Lunch specials are perfect for a quick stop to lunch with your peeps!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Onewaymn
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

I love Mexican restaurants! The salsa was great, as were the nachos! We had a cocktail and a frozen margarita and they were all good! I’d go back any time.

Date of visit: May 2018