“Don't judge the book by the cover”

Eddie's Smokehouse & Seafood
Ranked #15 of 167 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had an awesome meal here and they delivered to my hotel next store. Service was good and the food was great.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

It is not often a barbecue place can be classified as Fast Food but this instance it is applicable.
Drive thru window, barbecue plate in a large styrofoam container well wrapped in saranwrap.
Professionally done, it will not leak all over the upholstery.

About the quality of the food - do not order a rack of ribs unless you are a Pro Football 300+ lineman because this 1 plate easily feeds 2 normal men. Very high quality ribs cut individually, the potato is excellent similar to twice baked, Mac & cheese creamy & the dirty rice better than most.
Fried roll is like a unsweetened donut.
However it is really good as leftovers too.
Have never tried the briscut but the girls liked the chicken.

Really good change of pace from fried chicken or pizza & a much better healthy decision than burgers.

1  Thank J French R
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Food is very good, it is not a sit down and be waited on restaurant, but the service was good and staff friendly.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Staying at a nearby Hotel so I stopped by after seeing their sign for Hot Crawfish. Crawfish was only served in appetizer portion so I had to get an entree as well, and I am very glad I did. They possibly have the worst crawfish in Louisiana. When I ordered the crawfish I had to wait 10 minutes because they were going to make them "fresh" for me. I believe that they may have been made in the morning and then reheated on the stove after I ordered them. When I received the crawfish I was immediately overcome by the foul odor. They were anything but fresh and were still muddy. I ate a total of two crawfish, both were mushy and disgusting. I had a bad taste in my mouth for hours. The pulled pork sandwich that I ordered for my entree was not terrible, which is why I will award them a couple of stars.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Okay, pass over the brisket; it is dry. The sides are mediocre at best. But when you bite into the ribs, or should I say when they melt in your mouth, you are hooked. I would definitely recommend them. I wanted to even take some home but left before they were open.