“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Louisiana
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed August 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed here while we were in town for a wedding and I could not have been more pleased! We stayed in a suite and everything was perfect! We ordered from the Bistro and had it sent to our room. I am a picky eater, but my husband ate both of our meals! If there was anyone else on our floor we never knew it. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The morning we left I was dragging one of my bags to the elevator and a bellman saw and grabbed it from me and insisted on taking it to my car for me! We travel a lot and have stayed in MANY hotels, but this was by far the best stay ever. We felt right at home! I would recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJohnson07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed May 21, 2007

I have been to Alexandria three times. Twice I stayed here and once I stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown (never again). The Parc England is almost walking distance from the airport which means it is a little bit far from the main areas of town. However, the location is quiet and only about a 10 minute drive from MacArthur Boulevard.

This hotel is appealing to look at - the building looks a little bit like a castle. The interior is warmly furnished. The rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished. In general my stays here have been just fine. One thing that really turned me off was during my first stay. I went to take some medicine with a glass of water and I noticed that there was lipstick around the rim of the glass. Luckily I hadn't yet taken a sip from it. Now I always check. Also, you must beware that the rooms known as "parlor rooms" only have foldout sofabeds so be sure to ask!

The blood orange toiletries smell good and are a nice change from typical hotel soaps like Ivory soap and Pantene shampoo. If you are tired of small town hotels like Days Inn or Holiday Inn then this is a nice change. Do not expect lap of luxury accomodations or hand over foot service - but for the price it is worth it.

PS - The restaurant here is called Bistro on the Bayou and the food is quite good. It ought to be since the prices are on par with New York City. I was told that the restaurant caters to business travelers since most locals cannot afford to eat there or do so only on special occassions. The ambience in the restaurant is average but the food really was delicious. My meal for one with no alcohol cost $62 including tip.

• Liked — Nice atmosphere, cold airconditioning
  • Disliked — Location is far from town, breakfast spread seemed skimpy
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank CTtoTX
Marietta, GA
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My daughter and I stayed here based on the good reviews and hoped we would not get the room with thin walls. First, the front desk asked if we could get our bags ourselves (the bellman and front desk clerk were watching a DVD and having pizza). Then the bellman thought better of that and raced out behind us to help. He said mgmt might find out. He then proceeded to load the cart in such a way that one of my bags fell off at the first bump in the pavement and it broke an irreplaceable teapot. As soon as we got into our room, we realized
that the TV next door sounded like it was in our room. We went to the
desk and they did move us. But we had the same problem in the second room. The continental breakfast was the worst I have ever had: fruit,
yogurt and stale cinnamon rolls. The front desk staff (with one exception) were totally unconcerned with providing service. I think one of the owners checked us out and never even inquired about our stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated but it is just not worth the high price.

• Liked — The beautifully furnished rooms
  • Disliked — Poor service and noisy rooms
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank PamDowns
U.S.
Reviewed December 13, 2006

Stayed here recently, just for a weekend getaway. The front desk was shocked to hear that I could hear my next door neighbor snoring. Did not seem willing to accomodate my request to move to another room, nor did they understand that their walls were really thin. Also, the bathroom vanity lacked the proper light cover and the shower had NO water pressure. This hotel (and I use that term very lightly) wasn't worth the nightly cost. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
7 Thank hoteleprt
Boyce, Louisiana
Reviewed October 4, 2006

My wife and I had our honeymoon here April, 16, 2004. Having an occupation that requires weekly travel for many years, I have stayed in hundreds of hotels of all types. This is one of the finest I have ever stayed in. It’s amazing that a city of this size would have such a hotel. Vice President Cheney was here just a few months ago and ate at the restaurant as well.
Our room was beyond first class. I have never eaten at the restaurant next door but from all reports it is world class as well.
Since I am a resident of Alexandria, I am proud to have such a hotel and restaurant!

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed April 2004, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Coffeechoc
baton rouge
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Parc England. What a relaxing time-the rooms are clean, comfortable and very pretty. Our suite was as nice as any 4 or 5 star hotels we have stayed at in this country. The views of the golf course, nice little pool, friendly staff and great restaurant, Bistro on the Bayou, make this a very special place. If you plan on being anywhere in the area, we highly recommend a stay here. You will not be disappointed!!

• Liked — beautiful room
  • Disliked — restaurant not open on sundays
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank afred
Ratcliff, AR
Reviewed October 31, 2005

I stayed at the Parc England Hotel while in Alexandria doing Hurricane Katrina recovery work. The hotel was comfortable and the staff very accomodating. The furnishings are luxurious and bathrooms are wonderful. I enjoyed the french doors from the room to the patio and the relaxing back yard area by the pool. The Bistro on the Bayou, while a bit pricey, is an excellent restaurant. I would love to stay at the Parc England Hotel again. They also have laundry service available which is handy when you are working 15 hour days!

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business