“Good”

Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

In town for a business trip and I wanted to try the local eats and stay away from the chain restaurants. I went to Bistro on the Bayou and it was good. The decor was nice, very much southern plantation style with large porch and classic interior. The food was good. I had a fish dish and it was ok. My co-worker had the steak commented it was very good.

I do have to ding them for some spotty service (maybe the waiter was new).
The prices are also a little higher than expected for the food that was served.
Finally, being from the northeast, I was a little disappointed with the variety of food offered. I was hoping to have a few more options that had some Louisiana flair.

Overall, the food was good but maybe my expectations were a little too high.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank randralways

wisconsin
“What a find!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

First time in town,not knowing where to eat,went to TripAdvisor and chose the Bistro. We could not of had a better evening! The Bistro is a casual atmosphere with a true dedication to our military with service memorabilia on walls and around the restaurant. I had fresh fish and my wife had a small filet. Both meals were delicious and reasonably priced. The owner welcomed us warmly and saw to it that we had a wonderful time. We travel performing science assemblies and will go out of our way to come back!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank mjinga
“Divine!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Fine dining and excellent food. It is worth a trip to Alexandria, LA. just for the food. The staff and service were superior!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ShellyH1
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Fine Dining At Its Best”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I dined here for the first time for our Valentine’s Day dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. I have dined all over the world and can honestly say that the quality of the service, atmosphere, and food matches any restaurant out there. Mr. Fred, the owner, greeted us at the door and seated us at our table right away. The staff was attentive and extremely friendly, and we didn’t wait for anything and didn’t have to ask for anything because it was already on the table. My wife had the fried shellfish platter and she said it was wonderfully spiced and really enjoyed it. I had the prime cut rib eye cooked medium rare, seasoned wonderfully and extremely tender. There is no doubt this was the best steak I have ever eaten. This is truly a fine dining experience and we will definitely be back again in the future.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank George R
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful ”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

It was all smiles and handshakes from the moment I arrived, and it only got better from there

Truly worth the visit. Amazing food. I had the shrimp and grits.

Stop in today. You'll be glad you did

1 Thank UnoTraveller