“Loved this restaurant”

Ranked #51 of 161 Restaurants in Alexandria
Plano, Texas
“Loved this restaurant”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I arrived only five minutes before closing - but the owner was so polite and nice and took time to answer all of our questions regarding the menu. The restaurant was very bright, clean, and nicely decorated. We each had a shrimp po'boy. My husband had fried shrimp and I had the seasoned boiled shrimp - both were delicious. We shared a dish of red beans and rice - that too was wonderful. Everything tasted very fresh. My only complaint is that this restaurant is about 200 miles from our home. If we lived here, we would be regular customers.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nancy A

Santa Barbara, California
“Very Good Po Boy”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

A very good fried shrimp po boy! I was greeted very politely by the staff. The sandwich was delivered to me very quickly. Tge shrimp were vrry good and the po boy was very good.

1 Thank kuwells
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Best Lil Cajun House in "A" Town”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For The Best of the Best Poboys that are HUGE!! Favorite Hometown Eatery for great Poboys and salads! My husband & I have been trying to eat healthy so we had not gone to our favorite poboy eatery in a while.....had an eventful week and decided we needed to splurge......what a surprise........they offer the most delicious spinach pasta salad ever!! grilled chicken, or boiled or fried shrimp. I ordered a half salad of which I could only eat half ! The owner makes her own delicious sauces and dressings.......so I ate healthy and still had a wonderful meal. I do think I will splurge next week and get their famous cochon d' lait poboy......thats their menu item that put them on the road map so to speak. Oh and when done with lunch...... go to the mall within sight of your lunch spot......retail therapy.......after a great lunch. Great Idea. Bon Apetite. Lisa

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank LouisianaGirl1965
Frisco, Texas
“Shrimp Po'boy ... Yummo!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Located this little gem while headed to NOLA. Excellent sandwich. Hubby had a sloppy roast beef and said it was better than Mother's. Saw them making the Muff which looked amazing. Wish we had room to eat more! Highly recommend this little hometown eatery. Posting from the dining room now.

2 Thank Stephanie R
Alexandria, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ADDICTED”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

When I say addicted, I mean it!!!! I have been eating The Lil' Cajun House, on average, at least once a week for the last 2 1/2 years. There are so many great things you can order that just can't be found anywhere else in our area. Most half poor-boys from there are around 5$ and the specialty poor-boys 6$. Literally 1 more dollar for a whole. The service is great and the owner/manager really cares about her customers and their family. She also personally drives to Laffayette two-three times a week to get her FRESH bread. The deserts are AMAZING and home made!!! The couchon de lait (pulled pork) is also home made and the mouth watering gravy that goes along with it. Not to mention the portions of EVERYTHING are HUGE!!! If you are in a lighter mooe I defiantly recommend the chicken pasta salad. I could go on and on all day about the delicious food from The Lil' Cajun House but I have the go get a cochon de lait poor-boy right ```now... Enjoy : ) !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2012