“Affordable but needs renovation.”

Super 8 Alexandria I-49
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Cologne
“Affordable but needs renovation.”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Classic bummer. Hotel soso. Got smokers room instead of non, room looks dated bit run down. Bed and bath clean, so that's alright for staying a night only.

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank Flaming H
naineshh2003, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Alexandria I-49, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Hello!

We are excited to announce the Super 8 has undergone extensive renovations since the January of 2011. After an approximate $1MM price tag on these improvements, we are certain to make a a fresh impression upon you!

We appreciate our past guests who have given their candid feedback. We hope to have even more feedback from our valued guests at this new hotel to continue our commitment to high quality and customer satisfaction.

The Super 8 of Alexandria has not only evolved into a fresh new look and feel, but also new management with brand new attitude. Please, come stay with us... and see the difference!

Thank you so much for your business.

- Property Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We placed the reservation online and got there and had to wait for 30 minutes for them to find it in their computer. We were told that sometimes the computer misroutes the reservation to another hotel halfway across town. We asked if that had happened if they could just make sure we stayed at the one we were at, and was told no. Once we checked in we asked when the pool closed and they said "Normally it's 11, but the owner's wife is here and she says the noise bothers her so we close it at 9." So we get to our room and I go to make coffee...and almost vomit...there is a moldy filter/coffee thing. We call to see if we can get another coffee maker. The front desk attendant takes it and comes back saying that she couldnt find another one, but ran scalding water over it and it should be fine. Haha..no. I choose not to have coffee. I go to give my three year old a bath and start rinsing the tub, just for good measure and see something on the side of the tub. I run my finger on it and it was skin cell residue. I call the front desk AGAIN and ask for cleaner and a rag. She brought it to me, apologized and left...didn;t even get someone to clean it. I got on my knees and scrubbed the tub. After my daughter's bath, I turn down the comforter only to find PUBIC hair all over the sheets. Not just one, just at least 10!! eewww...I go to the front desk again and ask for clean sheets and she gives them to me. And I had to put them on MYSELF!! Woke up the next morning, breakfast was ok. will NOT stay there again...please dont waste your money!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mandy419

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Covington, GA
Reviewed April 29, 2009

This is my second review of this hotel (see Covington traveler). We stayed here last year during a Thanksgiving holiday visit because the rates were cheap. We decided to stay here again to attend a funeral for the same reason. There was some lobby construction underway back in November. Now that it’s complete, it appears only slightly improved. It was just your basic hotel off the freeway with interior corridors, a pool (which we didn’t use), and a continental breakfast (just okay). Pluses: housekeeping was timely, microwave and mini-fridge was convenient, large TV with lots of cable channels, free high-speed internet access, and since it was hot in La., the air conditioner worked fine. Minuses: although the room was non-smoking, it still had a slight lingering “smoking” smell. Apparently the hotel uses any available rooms as either smoking or non-smoking. Didn’t like that!!! Hotel is near railroad crossing and train whistles tend to be very loud, even throughout the night. A bearable annoyance. Other than that, it was a decent enough stay. Since there are a few newly-built hotels in the area, should we need to visit again, we probably will not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We stopped here on our way to Mardi Gras. I had made reservations on-line, so we got a decent rate which is why I chose this motel. The room was tired with an old polyester bedspread and drapes, lumpy, dirty carpet and no extra pillows or blankets.

It was OK for a quick pit-stop on a road trip, but I would certainly not stay here again, no matter how cheap the rate.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank galveston_gal
Albuquerque
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Pleasantly surprised! Fast check-in and out. Several restuarants within walking distance (Cracker Barrel, fried chicken). Clean room and a comfortable bed. Possibly renovated recently. Would have liked a crib for my one year old but otherwise a good overnight rest stop.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, food near-by
  • Disliked — no crib
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank NMTeacher
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Decent low-budget hotel. However, the halls were full of cigarette smoke smell and even though we stayed in a non-smoking room, it smelled like a former smoking room. The bed was not very comfortable and the pool was not even open (even though it was still summertime.) It was not the worst hoel I've ever stayed in, but I wouldn't reccomend it, unless you just need a really quick place to stay on your way through town. Also, even though everything says that the hotel is very new, it seemed like it had been around for a few years at least.

• Liked — Cheaper than other hotels in the area
  • Disliked — The cigarette smoke everywhere
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
Reviewed December 12, 2006

We checked into the hotel and was assigned a room. The room was clean, but there was one problem. The window would not lock and had been broken into prior. There was evidence that someone had attempted to break in asevidenced by the cracked window track which held the window pane inplace. You could literally lift the window out of the track and enter the room from the outside. When I brought it to the attention of management, they gave me anther toom but never mentioned that they would fix the problem. I wonder how many people have checked in with their valuables to return later and find their room broken into and their valuable gone. Check the windows to your room fold, especially if they are on the ground level!

Stayed August 2006