“excellent”

Super 8 Alexandria I-49
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here as I was driving home from a trip in New Orleans. While the room had updated furniture and bedding, you could tell that the hotel is old and could use some renovating/repairing. I had booked my room on Priceline, and I honestly do not think I got a good value for what I paid. I can't say that I had high expectations of this hotel, but they can do better. The lady at the front desk was very nice and courteous. She asked me if I had booked a handicapped accessible room, which I had not, but apparently that is what came through on the Priceline reservation. Anyway, after some discussion, I said I really didn't care as long as I had a room. So, I went up to my room which could best be described as "quasi-accessible." It had an additional peep hole at wheelchair height, and the doors were wider than normal, but those were the only accessible features that I noticed. Here is what I do not understand- the room was on the second floor and there was no elevator, so I'm not sure how this room would be accessible to anyone. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave, which were nice features. There was a flat screen TV, but it was very small. What really annoyed me about the room was the bathtub. I attempted to take a bath. I was not able to get water to come out of the faucet for the tub- the water only came out of the showerhead. It was stuck and I could not get that to work correctly. Also, I could not get the stopper for the tub to work, so even though I was attempting to fill up the tub with water from the showerhead, the tub would not stay full. The light over the sink was somewhat erratic and the light switch to turn it on was upside down. There is a train line next to the hotel, and there were numerous trains that used that line throughout the night. And the trains blew there horns quite loudly. Ugh. And then breakfast. I had a couple cups of orange juice and a cup of coffee. Nothing else really appealed to me. The bananas that were out were all pretty ripe. So, this hotel is close to the highway, and I am guessing that most of its business is just people passing through town, but I would not stay here again, and I would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HOUSTON
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Super 8 before my resent visit & was satisfied. I also recommended Super 8 to my friends as well. The staff was very friendly & the service was good. The only thing I notice was the room was smelly like feet when the air was off. Overall I was satisfied.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Natika J
SHREVEPORT
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good Value for Money. Very friendly staff. Suggest brighter lighting in room and less wall fixtures.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business