“Super 8”

Super 8 Alexandria I-49
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
HUDSON
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very quiet and comfortable room.

Breakfast was available early and there was quite a variety of breakfast foods.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

LEESVILLE
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I wanted to thank the staff, especially Ms. Monica Span for the amazing customer service. I was unable to check out on time due to an unexpected circumstance and when I called and explained that I would be late, Ms. Monica was very understanding and accommodating. This was the first time I had ever stayed here and will definitely come back! It's really nice to know that there are people and places out there that will go above and beyond to help out their customers! Great place and staff!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Pensacola
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had a reservation, arrived late at night, hotel was sold out except for our room...got to room and there was a SEWAGE smell in the room. The front desk clerk was nice, unaware, and gave me a nearly empty can of air freshener. It was late, as I said, so we had to endure it. But this is terrible! How can Super 8 take our money and deliver such an overtly terrible product. I am letting Wyndham know also because we use Wyndham Rewards hotels.

Room Tip: It is always a roll of the dice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
killona,la
Reviewed August 23, 2012

i was looking for a cheep place to stay and i wasn't expecting much, but when i walked in the women behind the desk (karen) was so curtiuos. When i walked up to the counter she was very polite and she tried to find me the best offer she could get. Then after i paid for my room she asked me if i was hungry and showed me the breakfast room and told me how to get to the pool. Me and my family had a great time, the rooms were nice sized and the beds were comfy. When i go to alexandria i know exactly where i am going to stay....

Room Tip: when u pick a room try to get one in the middle theres less traffic noise and its close to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Monroe,La
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed at this recently updated Super 8 for weekend softball tournament. $150.00 for two night stay. Sound to good to be true? It was. Although the furnishings and decor were somewhat new and modern, you just can't cover up or hide "old". The bed was very, very, very uncomfortable, subpar + subpar mattress. All of the pillows, approx 5 were flat and old. Unfortunetly my request during reservation for a double room was met at check -in with an "all full" so my daughter had to sleep on the pull out couch. Terrible mattress as well. The hotel should have paid us for making her sleep on it. The inside of the couch was torn up and appeared to be was very old. No bedding in the room, no coffee in the room, housekeeping didn't leave any. Only two, very thin, towels provided. The breakfast area is very small, seats about 16 people so get down there early or just go too McDonalds next door. Two families with about 5 small children each invaded about 730 Sunday morning. That was all she wrote for breakfast. I'm not much on mini microwavable sausage biscuits anyway, kinda gross! The breakfast was pitiful. Maybe they will take my $150.00 and purchase a vaccum cleaner. Carpet was filthy as well. A dump is a dump, even with semi fresh paint and new decor. Don't waste your time or money. Spend a little extra at the Comfort Suites that is adjacent. You get what you pay for!! Won't ever return!

Room Tip: Staw away from this property!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Had a major incident with bed bugs on a one night stay here. Told management and they acted like it couldn't have come from them.my co-worker and I stayed no where else on an overnight job, so the problem HAD to be there.Seeing we also had another co-worker who worked with Us and did not stay in the hotel or visit, safe to say it was this hotel that is the problem.Desk manager lied about someone came out to inspect and had paperwork saying do but could not produce said paperwork. If I had a child staying with me and got ate up as we did.A lawsuit would be pending and all he'll would be breaking loose!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed June 2012