“Great Customer Service”

Super 8 Alexandria I-49
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I wanted to thank the staff, especially Ms. Monica Span for the amazing customer service. I was unable to check out on time due to an unexpected circumstance and when I called and explained that I would be late, Ms. Monica was very understanding and accommodating. This was the first time I had ever stayed here and will definitely come back! It's really nice to know that there are people and places out there that will go above and beyond to help out their customers! Great place and staff!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had a reservation, arrived late at night, hotel was sold out except for our room...got to room and there was a SEWAGE smell in the room. The front desk clerk was nice, unaware, and gave me a nearly empty can of air freshener. It was late, as I said, so we had to endure it. But this is terrible! How can Super 8 take our money and deliver such an overtly terrible product. I am letting Wyndham know also because we use Wyndham Rewards hotels.

Room Tip: It is always a roll of the dice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

i was looking for a cheep place to stay and i wasn't expecting much, but when i walked in the women behind the desk (karen) was so curtiuos. When i walked up to the counter she was very polite and she tried to find me the best offer she could get. Then after i paid for my room she asked me if i was hungry and showed me the breakfast room and told me how to get to the pool. Me and my family had a great time, the rooms were nice sized and the beds were comfy. When i go to alexandria i know exactly where i am going to stay....

Room Tip: when u pick a room try to get one in the middle theres less traffic noise and its close to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed at this recently updated Super 8 for weekend softball tournament. $150.00 for two night stay. Sound to good to be true? It was. Although the furnishings and decor were somewhat new and modern, you just can't cover up or hide "old". The bed was very, very, very uncomfortable, subpar + subpar mattress. All of the pillows, approx 5 were flat and old. Unfortunetly my request during reservation for a double room was met at check -in with an "all full" so my daughter had to sleep on the pull out couch. Terrible mattress as well. The hotel should have paid us for making her sleep on it. The inside of the couch was torn up and appeared to be was very old. No bedding in the room, no coffee in the room, housekeeping didn't leave any. Only two, very thin, towels provided. The breakfast area is very small, seats about 16 people so get down there early or just go too McDonalds next door. Two families with about 5 small children each invaded about 730 Sunday morning. That was all she wrote for breakfast. I'm not much on mini microwavable sausage biscuits anyway, kinda gross! The breakfast was pitiful. Maybe they will take my $150.00 and purchase a vaccum cleaner. Carpet was filthy as well. A dump is a dump, even with semi fresh paint and new decor. Don't waste your time or money. Spend a little extra at the Comfort Suites that is adjacent. You get what you pay for!! Won't ever return!

Room Tip: Staw away from this property!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Had a major incident with bed bugs on a one night stay here. Told management and they acted like it couldn't have come from them.my co-worker and I stayed no where else on an overnight job, so the problem HAD to be there.Seeing we also had another co-worker who worked with Us and did not stay in the hotel or visit, safe to say it was this hotel that is the problem.Desk manager lied about someone came out to inspect and had paperwork saying do but could not produce said paperwork. If I had a child staying with me and got ate up as we did.A lawsuit would be pending and all he'll would be breaking loose!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit worried about staying in a Motel 8 but the price was right since my boyfriend and I have been having to meet in the middle to spend time together since I'm on active duty right now so we have been staying at quite a bit of hotels. On the outside, it looked like an old motel 8 with the ugly yellow color so we were apprehensive about going in. We asked to see the room first. Once we entered the room we were very happy. The rooms looked like they had been recently remodeled with new comforters, curtains, a flat screen tv and pictures. Everything in the room looked modern and classy. Bed was comfortable as well. The only draw back was thee was no elevator. The pool was nice, my boyfriend and I spent two days enjoying it. We were the only ones in the pool and it added more value to our stay there. We were pleasantly surprised and we def would stay here again. Price was good and the staff was really nice and accommodating to us.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 19, 2012

When we checked in the clerk told us there was a Motorcycle Club staying here. She said don't worry, they are noisy driving up but they will go to their rooms and settle down. WRONG! They came in at 8:30 pm and were very loud and park all their motocycles blocking the front door, playing very loud music and talking loud. This went on for 30 minutes when we decided to leave. We were very tired from being on the road all day and needed a good night's sleep. People were up and down the hall and the room next to us was full of people and loud. As my husband went out to move our van, there was a gang and he said they were yelling and proably going to fight. He was intimidated to say the least. He went and told the clerk we were checking out and she said that 2 famlies had already checked out. She told us the Manager lived upstairs. Now for the room:The bath was diry and I took a tissue and wiped dirt off the comode lid.The lamp had layer of dust. The comforter & sheets were stained. The rooms are not sound proof. Towels were thin. The room has been remodeled and it has a nice flat screen tv. They just need to clean it! We had to check out and find another place to stay at 9pm at night. This room was paid for by the company who had booked it for us so I don't know if they will get a refund or not.

Room Tip: There is no elevator and room 101 is right by the front desk so it is noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business