“Surprised!”

Pitt Grill
Ranked #29 of 164 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Pitt Grill, a family owned and operated restaurant with five locations to choose from throughout Southwest Louisiana. Voted Best Breakfast in South West Louisiana in 2014 and 2015, we strive to provide quality food and beverage service to all of our customers. With delicious homemade food made to order, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local restaurant. At Pitt Grill, we serve the best food in town. From always fresh salads and out of this world hamburgers with hand-battered onion rings, to decadent milkshakes, malts and sundaes for desert, we promise there's something here for everyone to enjoy. We invite you to visit our website for monthly specials and coupons, then get your friends and family together to join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With locations in Sulphur, Iowa, Alexandria and Lake Charles, there's a Pitt Grill in your neighborhood just waiting to welcome you in!
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was staying at the Best Western next door and had intended to go to Cajun Landing but they weren't open when I wanted to eat (about 3p). I was apprehensive at first but decided what the heck. Upon walking in I was greeted and instructed to have a seat and someone would be right with me. Not a lie, they really were right with me. The service was prompt and thorough. I ordered the patty melt (my all time favorite sandwich) and was given a choice of breads. I am a traditionalist and went with the rye. You have three options of sides: fries, onion rings or hash browns. By the time I completed two rounds of Words with Friends my food was ready. Food was fresh and adequately seasoned. Overall it was very tasty. Should I be in the area again, I would go back. You can tell it has a local following with the old guys spending time discussing various rifles and their accomplishments with said rifles. If the locals like it then it tends to get my seal of approval!!

There are newer reviews for Pitt Grill

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Each time my daughter's HS softball team played in the Tioga tournament in March, I looked forward to going to "The Pitt" to eat. Good Service, Good Food.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Contrary to CDR-Marchand's review, I found it relaxing. Stay away from IHOP in Alexandria. We had a cockroach come out of our plate at IHOP.
PG is a great late-night stop & worth the fight to get in the door, though we've rarely found it crowded. Love the burgers & once you get the cooks laughing, they'll keep you entertained, no mayer how surely they seem in the beginning. Don't miss out on a good time.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

There is nothing special about the Pit Grill but it is a late night breakfast choice for a normal eggs, hash browns, bacon & toast after a night out drinking.
Kinda like a return to a greasy spoon type cafe.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is your quintessential dive greasy spoon diner but cleaner and much friendlier. A Good Breakfast at 1am is always welcome when you've been starving all day at Cabrini Medical Center (Cafeteria doesn't do it all except for coffee). Food was reasonably priced and biscuits, pancakes, eggs and grits were really good ... We even started bringing food from Pitt Grill back to the hospital for my significant others Dad to recover on .... No issues and wonderfully warm and friendly folks ...... This is a must try ..... Be warned though on Thanksgiving morning and Black Friday, the wait for food was as long as 40 minutes once you placed the order. This placed was completely full up .... Even the locals love it here ....