“Best hotel in Alexandria”

Courtyard Alexandria
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Metairie, Louisiana
“Best hotel in Alexandria”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I really liked how close the hotel was to several restaurants and the mall. However, my favorite aspect of the hotel was how helpful Elaine was at the front desk. I requested a room on the upper floor away from the elevator and she helped me out with my request. Next time I am in Alexandria this is where I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Martha422

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott is the only hotel you can stay at in the shopping district of Alexandria. Like all Courtyard Marriott's the standard is very good, although expensive considering the location.
There are a few chain restaurants in the area - not within walking distance.
They do offer some light snacks etc. and a few bar items. (pricey for what you get)
Great place for having business meetings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This new Courtayrd was excellent. It was clean, new and had a new room layout that was great. The color scheme was really nice as was the rest of the hotel.

If you want a safe bet stay here. Nothing wrong with our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EFfromTX
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night and the hotel was exactly what we needed. Seemed much nicer than other hotels in the area. Very close to several restaurants and easy to find off I-49. Unfortunately breakfast wasnt free and we went elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel itself was nice and the Starbucks, convenient, but they are thieves! Our room was cleaned and my diamond necklace was stolen out of the bathroom. I know, shame on me for leaving it in there, but that is ridiculous! I called the management and they said the could ask but that was it. I told them the time and room so they could've looked who cleaned it and handled it, but they said they just can't accuse anyone of anything. The attitude they gave when I asked for help was one clearly of carelessness. I will NEVER stay there again. In fact, I have reservations about staying at any courtyard Marriott if that is the caliber of people they hire.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Sarahkatherin
Hotel M, Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
SarahKatherin,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. While we’re glad you enjoyed your guest room and the Starbucks Coffee at our Bistro, we are terribly sorry to hear about the incident regarding your necklace. We apologize for the service you received in April and would like you to know that we are committed to providing excellent and caring service to all of our guests. We would like to further discuss this issue if you so desire and ask that you contact either David Slinin or Robert Lewan at 318-445-2415. We apologize once again and look forward to hearing from you.

David Slinin
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My colleagues and I been staying here just about every week for almost 2 years. The place is welcoming, the rooms always clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The Bistro service is cheerful and a little haphazard at times.

My only complaint is that they have a turbo oven in the Bistro area, which is part of the lobby. There's no extractor fan, so the stench of what might be burnt wax paper pervades the lobby and often wafts up to the rooms. I have commented on this both directly to the management and also via Marriott surveys, but it persists... It's a shame because otherwise, there's really nothing to fault the place.

• Stayed September 2012
Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very helpful staff and friendly housekeeper too! Beds were comfortable, very clean room. Complimentary coffee downstairs in the morning.. I just wish there was a complimentary breakfast available after paying $149 a night. I don't know why it's so high in Louisiana when the same hotel is around $110 in the Woodlands Texas... All in all.... it's probably the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family