“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Outlaw's Barbecue

Outlaw's Barbecue
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Great place”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Everything at Outlaw's is good. My favs are the Chopped Baker with beef, loaded; or the hamburger and fries. My husband likes the ribs. And can't have anything without the half loaf of onion rings!

Visited June 2012

Southern States
“Ultimate Mistake”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Having been here many times in the past, and several times this trip, Outlaws was going to get another good review. But things happen. I went by after the ain dinner rush, as this place is hopping during lunch and dinner rush, traffic backing into street. I ordered the 1/4 chicken white, potato salad and baked beans. I returned to room and was sorely disappointed upon opening continer. The cold and hot food had not been seperated, causing the potato sald to be warm and mixed with bean auce, an un-appetizing arangement. Previously, slaw or salad had been packed in a seperate styrofoam cup, keeping it proper temp. The chicken was not cooked all the way through. The skin on the rib side of the breast was still gelatenous, basically raw and flabby. The wing bone as very difficult to seperate, again a red flag. This meal was my last at Outlaws this trip, and possibly for a long time. I can overlook all other protein under cooked but poultry. Pay attention folks. If you lose a customer because the chicken isnot ready, they may try you agan. If you loose them to food poisoning....well...

• Visited July 2012
Lufkin, Texas
“dissapointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My sandwhich had nothing but the hard burnt outside of the brisket that I could not chew.

Visited July 2012
“BBQ good, bring and extra shirt”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Outlaws has two locations, one in Alexandria and one in neighboring Pineville. My colleagues and I go for lunch from time to time and have been for the odd dinner. The daily specials are usually the best deal.

The BBQ plates and loaded potatoes are tasty, the service is friendly in the lunch-line style ordering area, and the place is spacious, so there's never an issue with finding a table.

The one major drawback, in my opinion, is that your clothes will smell of BBQ smoke for the rest of the day, which can be a bit annoying after a while. Perhaps that's understandable, given that is a BBQ place, but there are times when the air is a little thicker than it should be!

Austin, Texas
“Copenhagen?”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The girl that served me was less than happy to be there, and made that known. After about the 3rd bite with the bbq sauce, I began to have a familiar taste. One that I had when I dipped Copenhagen, years ago. I didn't eat the rest, but had heartburn for the entire next day. I cant swear that's what it was, but, I won't return.

• Visited July 2012