“Good room”

Comfort Suites Alexandria
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is just another Choice hotel room. It is clean and quiet. a good bed and a great staff. The free breakfast was average -- but free.This is just what I have come to expect from Quality Inns. They seem to be pretty consistent nation wide. There was an issue with the shower as the floor in the shower was pretty slick and the caulking was missing around the soap dish.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lobo012847
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Alexandria

Reviewed September 26, 2013

have stayed here 3 times recently and never disappointed........wish all the comfort suites were this good............will stay at this motel but not other Comfort suites.........clean comfortable room and beds.......great breakfast...........and hospitable people

2  Thank buzz_lite_yr
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Fabulous place to pull of the road to refresh on a road trip. As we moved across country, we stopped for the pool and found wonderful hospitality at the front desk from Debra... Fresh hot coffee, cleanliness, an extra pull out bed in the room and walking distance to a few restaurants for dinner. Thank you! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MTelitz
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our room was very nice and the hot breakfast was one of the best I’ve ever had (for this type of facility). There were many choices and the little omelets with melted cheese were particularly delish! Another great feature of this hotel is the pool, which overlooks a peaceful green space (a pasture bordered with large hardwoods). It feels like you’re in the country, instead of close to the Interstate! While we enjoyed breakfast, we watched the mockingbirds fly to the pool fence. One downside of this location are the train tracks nearby, causing us to hear a train or two passing during the night.

When we arrived, the night receptionist hardly looked up and was not friendly at all. She was too busy watching the TV on the wall over my shoulder & looked bored. My initial impression was not a good one.

Later on, when I was unable to connect to the hotel Wi-Fi, I called Guest Services and the person who answered was not at all helpful and it was clear to me that he did not know a thing about connecting to the Internet. It was very frustrating because I really needed to connect & couldn’t. Bummer!

Still, I would probably return to this hotel, in the hopes that management had impressed upon the staff how important it is to be friendly & welcoming.

Room Tip: Perhaps the rooms not overlooking the train tracks are quieter?
2  Thank Elaine E
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our family recently stayed at Comfort Suites for our granddaughters to play in the Dixie Youth League Softball World Series. The staff was very accommodating. Our stay was delightful. Upon leaving the hotel, I inadvertently left my ruby ring on the bathroom counter. I called the next day to inquire about it and "yes" they had my ring. Only needed to know where to send it. The honestly and integrity of those working there was most impressive. My ring arrived two days later. Thanks again to the manager, housekeeping, and guest services for your attention to my problem.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed a couple of Days at the Comfort Suites in Alexandria, LA last weekend and was very much pleased. They had a wonderful breakfast each morning and Ms. Carra Kins was the hostess that helped us. She was very accommodating, friendly and just pleasant to all of the guests.
There is only two reasons that I didn't give an excellent rating and the first is b/c the person that cleaned our rooms did not empty the coffee machine and leave more coffee. The rooms were exceptionally clean and had the coldest air conditioner of any room that I have ever stayed. Second, is b/c it is close to a train track where the train runs at all hours and feels like it is right on top of you. The rooms were very much sound proof though and that helped tremendously.
I would go back and stay here again. It was really nice and in a great location.

Room Tip: I loved the third floor b/c you can't hear anyone walking or running above you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The stay at comfort suites on old Boyce rd I. Alexandria, LA was great! Nice hospitality and great service! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! The breakfast is delicious! Customer service is awesome

• Stayed: July 2013