“Wonderful place to stay”

Comfort Suites Alexandria
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 19, 2011

WE stayed here on Business and brouht teenage Grandkids with us .Everyone was so nice and courteous , The maids were great and very helpfull the room was spacious and very clean, most hotels the carpets are so dirty you,ll ruin your socks not a problem here and the breakfast is wonderful scrambled and boiled eggs bacon or sausage ,waffles, muffins, yogurt,milk,chocolate milk,fruit cereal ,bagels,bisquits and more.From now on we will be staying here when in the area .clean and beautiful outdoor pool.Has everything anyone could need.The train others complained about were so few not a problem not that loud. Really enjoyed our stay and we stay in hotels every week.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank traveler-pair
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Alexandria

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Comfort Suites is usually a pretty good place, so we booked the one in Alexandria, LA on our way to Florida. We got in late and were rudely greeted by the front desk guy with the words "can I help you?", but an attitude of "do I really have to stand up?" When asked about discounts, he said "we don't do discounts". No AAA, AARP, government - nothing. "Take it or leave it" was the bored, condescending look. It was late, we had no real choice.

The room looked OK at first, but on closer inspection it seemed the bed linens had been worn out and discolored about a year ago. Likewise the bath towels - some of which were even tattered and shredding. I suppose it goes with living in the swamps of Louisiana, but there was mold in pretty much every corner.

There was supposed to be a hot breakfast, and there was - sort of. We went down around mid-breakfast time: 8:00am, and said "good morning" to the server as she walked by us. I could have sworn she snarled! Every table and chair was dirty. Every trash bin overflowing. All the hot food was out. No bread, no eggs, no waffle mix, a few doughnuts and old fruit. Etc, etc, etc.

My only guess is that either this poor girl was working alone and was called in at the last minute, or the breakfast hour started with a couple of busloads of high school football players who trashed the place and ate everything.

As we checked out, we mentioned everything to the front desk. The reply was a dismissive, "oh, I'm sorry. Have a nice day." If we didn't have a long drive before us, we would have complained longer and louder. But I had the feeling it wouldn't matter anyway - the employees clearly did not care one iota.

Room Tip: a different hotel would be a way to get a good room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Bob d
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Entering the hotel and then our room, my impression was that this is a lovely place, and it really is. What ruined the experience for me is the trains that roll by during the night. Because there is a crossroad very close by, I'm sure trains are required to sound their whistles, but this noise doesn't lend itself to guests having a good night's sleep. There are several other hotels right in the same area, so the problem is a general one. I just hope I won't have an occasion to spend a night in this area again any time soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarNune
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I booked rooms at the comfort Suites based on Trip Advisor reviews and we were so glad we did! Hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful; rooms are large and comfortable. I appreciated the full sized iron and ironing board. The only negative was that we could hear other hotel guests, off and on. Quieter rooms would have moved this review to a solid 5 stars.
This property is several steps above the typical Comfort properties. I'll definately stay here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Dorpers
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We visited Alexandria for a conference and we were unsure of a place to stay. A friend recommended this hotel and I was so very satisfied with our choice. The hotel was so clean, customer service was exceptional. The business center we very very nice. The entire decor of the hotel was very modern and chic. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank angelsiou1
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this property since I was in Alexandria for a three day training session with Louisiana State Dept. of Education. I booked the room after reading all the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. I try to stay at smoke free properties when available. The room had a complete absence of odor which is very rare. All new amenities plus a large in room safe that could hold a laptop, purse or whatever you wanted to secure. Comfy bed and nice flat screen TV. Breakfast was quite adequate with hot choices each day.
Not really deal breakers but....for light sleepers the train is VERY close and loud several times during the night. Also the a/c blows right on the bed which was annoying. The cleanliness of the room outweighs those two issues. Will stay again if back in Alex.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank Jeatty
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Again, the only complaint is the beds are son comfy and the light filtering drapes work so well, I was late for work!!!!! Finally, a hotel that believes in air conditioning! When the day is done and you return to this place, the water wall envelopes you in a relaxing aura that stays the entire visit. Helpful staff that will go beyond what is required for the weary traveler, and rooms that welcome you. The "all suite" plans means you get a micro fridge, sitting area and kitchenette area, but a decent room. Still looks new from remodel, and housekeeping actually cleans, not just re-arranges the dirt. From crisp linens to crisp bacon on the breakfast bar, this one covers all the basics and the perks just fine!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business