“Surprised”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Seattle, Washington
“Surprised”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We visited Alexandria for a conference and we were unsure of a place to stay. A friend recommended this hotel and I was so very satisfied with our choice. The hotel was so clean, customer service was exceptional. The business center we very very nice. The entire decor of the hotel was very modern and chic. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank angelsiou1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Shreveport, La
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this property since I was in Alexandria for a three day training session with Louisiana State Dept. of Education. I booked the room after reading all the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. I try to stay at smoke free properties when available. The room had a complete absence of odor which is very rare. All new amenities plus a large in room safe that could hold a laptop, purse or whatever you wanted to secure. Comfy bed and nice flat screen TV. Breakfast was quite adequate with hot choices each day.
Not really deal breakers but....for light sleepers the train is VERY close and loud several times during the night. Also the a/c blows right on the bed which was annoying. The cleanliness of the room outweighs those two issues. Will stay again if back in Alex.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Jeatty
Southern States
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Again, the only complaint is the beds are son comfy and the light filtering drapes work so well, I was late for work!!!!! Finally, a hotel that believes in air conditioning! When the day is done and you return to this place, the water wall envelopes you in a relaxing aura that stays the entire visit. Helpful staff that will go beyond what is required for the weary traveler, and rooms that welcome you. The "all suite" plans means you get a micro fridge, sitting area and kitchenette area, but a decent room. Still looks new from remodel, and housekeeping actually cleans, not just re-arranges the dirt. From crisp linens to crisp bacon on the breakfast bar, this one covers all the basics and the perks just fine!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank franklinmilford
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I selected this hotel based on reviews from Trip Advisor - I am glad I did. The hotel was new, very clean, and customer service was outstanding. I also enjoyed the breakfast. I liked the fact that my room was nicely laid out - there is a short wall which acts as a room divider to separate living from sleeping quarters.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Busymom1346
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Attention Military Folks--the discount was a whopping $5.

The lobby is lovely. We asked for a room with two queen beds and got one. In the little bathroom, the tub had hair and mold in it. I asked for another room (no refunds here). That was difficult for the clerk, but she put us in another room and even offered to LET us use a luggage cart if we needed it. This room was the same price BUT SMALLER and with one king bed. Again there was mold in the bathtub, but not as much. This place is great for very short people. The sofa in the "living room" was too low. The toilet must have come from an elementary school supplier because it was so low. The ROOM was not a suite. It had a partial divider wall squeezing a king bed and two narrow nightstands into a small space. The sofa, chair, and desk were crammed into a room too small and it was downright claustrophobic. We couldn't identify the mystery stains on the bedspread and just removed it. We had to call the desk for the Wi-Fi code and the clerk took forever to answer. She also did not stay at the desk but was always in the back. She never checked to see if the second room was acceptable--and it wasn't but since we were tired and worried we'd get a smaller, moldier room the next time, we kept it. Breakfast was the standard fare available at almost every hotel/motel. We really needed that coffee since four trains went through during the night and that whistle was LOUD, awakening us each time.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed here in June 2011 because the Hampton Inn that I had booked was once again experiencing a salt water soft water malfunction and I could not get a clean shower at Hampton. The Comfort Inn ans Suites is nothing short of super clean and unlike Hampton they have no water softener problems. The bed was VERY comfortable. The bathroom was VERY clean. The staff was VERY helpful. I will stay here from now on.

Room Tip: Every Room Is Worth The Price of Admission
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I'm a Concierge in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas, TX. I recently went to Alexandria ofr Business purposes aand was advised to stay at Comfort Suites. I was a bit hesitant at forst but decided to try it out. This was one of the best decisions I could have by doing so. The service, impecable. Cleanliness unbeatable. Accomodations over adequate. They also treat you to a full breakfast every morning. The decor itself when you walk into the Lobby gives you a heads up on what to expect when you open the door to your room. I met the manager, Chris Patel, and he is a joy. I can see why the employees are as pleasant as they are and the property is in the most exquisite taste ever. Thank you so much for such a pleasant stay. I will be back.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business