“Maybe I just didn't "get it"....”

Abita Mystery House
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was in a large group of 7 adults and 2 small kids. The adults ranged in age from 21 to 50+. The younger adults thought it was pretty cool. The olders ones were thinking, "We paid money to look at this stuff????"

To each his own. At least it was only $3 each.

2  Thank carterkatt
There are newer reviews for Abita Mystery House

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome. You won't be disappointed. I love weirdness and taxidermy and nutty art installations. When I die and go to heaven this is what it will look like.

1  Thank Amelia K
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I brought a guest here after we did the brewery tour and I was embarrassed to have wasted his time. It's OLD, dirty and boring. the best thing there was a collection of tabasco sauce. What more is there to day?

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I live in New Orleans and are always looking for fun "Day Trips" . We lucked up when we found this Gem of a Museum. It is a very unique and fun way to spend an afternoon. With tons of interactive dioramas and really cool things to stir your childhood memories, you don't want to miss this. There are also a lot of vintage games and machines that still actually work, like the one where you imprint your message or name on a "Lucky Coin" and the Fortune Teller machine that spits out a fortune card for 50 cents. For $3 each and some change spent in the machines, we were entertained for hours. I also loved that it was open on Sunday, which is my only day off. The owner, John Preble was on hand and we chatted with him - very nice guy. Then we picked up some great stuff to take home to our friends in the little gift shop, which is every bit as entertaining as the Museum! This place is worth the drive and worth the time. I highly recommend seeking them out.

2  Thank Cindi R
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I love this little museum in the tiny town of Abita Springs! It's like stepping back in time to the 1950s or so. The owner John Preble is as entertaining as the quirkly little kingdom he has created in an old gas station. He believes that more than two of anything is a collection. Love his Darryl the Dogigator and various other interesting creatures, and the Southern themed dioramas are hilarious! And the coolest, hippest museum gift shop that you'll ever find!

4  Thank nooboo29