“crab combo is the best”

Dupuy's Oyster Shop
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

i always order the crab combo. oh my, it's the best. you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. all of the food is delicious. i could eat here everyday.

1  Thank rhondamcampbell

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I have never had a bad food experience at Dupuys. Everything that I have had has been good. If you are looking for great Cajun food, in my opinion this is the best place in Abbeville.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I were traveling through Cajun Country and stopped at Dupuy"s for lunch. We had fried alligator po boy sandwich and fried oysters. Both dishes were well prepared and delicious. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. A great lunch!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My grandfather always told me that G + G = B. Arrived a bit late for first seating (fills up on weekend at 5PM sharp. With about a 45 minutes wait, we asked if the bar area was available. Great seats, not as crowded and able to order not only adult drinks but also from the full menu. Ambience is not the top priority at Dupuy's. It's fine but we go for the food. Special was the real deal. We love soft shell crabs. But the chef placed the two crabs on a shrimp/corn bisque. Wow! The best soft shell crabs I've ever had. Ample serving. Wonderfully spicy (not hot as on TV - real Cajun here). Within one hour - special board came down and we were told that the chef was working on a new special. Turned out to be grouper from the Gulf - a few miles south of Abbeville. I'm sure that was great but did I mention how good the crabs were??

Recommendation. If you don't need a table, the bar is a great alternative if restaruant full. Also, parking in back gets a bit dicey. Tight fit and you're right on the bayou. You can park along the street esp. on weekends without too much trouble. Get there early for parking in lot.

1  Thank RiverCajun
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife are in this area and were looking for a place where we could enjoy the local crowd. This was recommended to us. We were not disappointed. The place was packed, we had a 45 minute wait for a table, but that was ok, we enjoyed talking to the locals in the bar. The food was very well prepared, I had the shrimp combo, fried, grilled & stuffed. The grilled was my favorite, spicy and tender. Then the fried. The stuffed seemed bland. My wife had the chicken and sausage gumbo, excellent. A must do if you are in Abbeville, good service, good food, and you get to talk to some very friendly local people.