“Best in the Region”

Dining options: Reservations
Oakland, California
“Best in the Region”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Finally had a chance to return over the Christmas holidays after a 10-year hiatus, and, yep, just as good as it always has been.

My family and I ordered several dozen oysters (raw, Rockefeller, Dupuy, and deVille), and they disappeared in a flash! All were super-tasty and perfectly cooked (except the raw of course).

My wife and I split the fried seafood combo so that we could get a bit of everything, and it was perfect. The fried catfish was perhaps the best bite of food I had on this trip - perfectly seasoned, perfectly battered, juicy and tasty.

Dupuy's, know that you have a dedicated customer for life right here; now to figure out how to get back here more frequently!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Joshua B

Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
“nice little spot”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

great food ,great atmosphere , stop by you will not be sorry. they have even added a bar for drinks ,very nice upgrade in great area of abbeville

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good oysters, excellent bar, aging restaurant”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Dupuy's is our go-to place when we don't want to cook dinner at our temporary home. The food is generally good - raw & grilled oysters are excellent, love love love the Eggplant Abbeville (but it is rich!). Crawfish etouffee and fried selections are good to average, didn't like the pasta dishes we've tried. Really enjoy the grilled seafood salad as an entree.

Dupuy's obviously expanded at some point to add a magnificent bar next to the original restaurant. The bar is where we always go - we love the feel of that "half" of Dupuy's; really dislike the other side for decor/atmosphere. Service is always good, though the bar staff take some work to warm up (maybe because we're not locals). Definitely recommend, good alternative to Shuck's if discouraged by the wait time.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SKG_VA
Spring, Texas
“The BEST appetizer I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you are in the Lafayette Louisiana area take the 45 minute drive south to Abbeyville and enjoy their Eggplant Medallion appetizer. It's a make the sky a little bluer and the sunshine brighter experience! I also recommend their Bread Pudding! We ate in the bar for lunch because the wait was 15 minutes. Our waitress was wonderfully attentive and Jay the manager checked on us regularly. We were celebrating a 50th birthday and Jay came by our table with Bread Pudding and a candle. I hope you enjoy the experience as much as we did!

Port Isabel, TX
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I don't see how food can get any better than this restaurant and the service was excellent. The manager was always nearby ready to explain anything we asked him. I had the oyster scampi. Oysters were not deep fried but breaded with a light coating of crackers and fried. The onion rings were hand battered and excellent as was the bread pudding. I would like to be able to eat their weekly.