“Oysters smothered in butter and cheese”

Shucks The Louisiana Seafood
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Abbeville
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Oysters smothered in butter and cheese”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I know people love this place but I was surprised to get my "traditional oysters," which were huge and would have been great if served otherwise, smothered in hot butter and cheese. I like my oysters chilled and served with some garlic and lime so to cook them like that completely masked and killed the flavor. My daughter's sandwich was smothered in mayo and my husband's salad was pretty mediocre. The bread pudding was ok but too dense for my taste. This place was big disappointment!

• Visited August 2013

Erath, Louisiana
“still very good”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Revisited this spot again recently. Had a different dish this time. The service is still very good, friendly and attentive. Owner walks around and is good at engaging the table to ensure you are being served promptly and with good attitude. Loved the catfish -but had the seafood platter this time. Portions were excellent (had to ask for "doggie bag") . I like their method of frying-not too heavy on batter and no excess grease on the plate. So--if interest in a family (mainly adult due to loud noise and beverages) gathering-try this spot

• Visited August 2013
Beckley, West Virginia
“Best oysters in the south”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you like oysters go to Shucks and get the charbroiled. You'll never eat them any other way after that. The staff is also great real southern hospitality.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TerryKeen
Houston, Texas
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Ordered grill seafood platter. Portions were bountiful and flavorful. I will be back for more on my next trip thru!!

Visited July 2013
Cumming, Georgia
“Good Seafood”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I like to visit Shuck's Seafood Restaurant when we are in town. It is a nice place to take friends and family. The service is very good and the atmosphere is comfortable, you can sit and chat and just enjoy being together. Their Poorboys are very good, my favorites. I usually get the oyster Poorboy and my sister gets the shrimp. I don't think we are the only ones that enjoy their seafood as it is always crowded but what is nice is they have plenty of parking spaces. That is not always the case with the restaurants in Abbeville.

• Visited July 2013