“Not what I expected!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shucks The Louisiana Seafood

Shucks The Louisiana Seafood
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Abbeville
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rayne, Louisiana
“Not what I expected!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

After reading the reviews on here I expected and really good seafood meal. I ordered the fried shrimp dinner, my husband had the crab cakes and my daughter go the crawfish etouffe and fried crawfish tails. My fried shrimp tasted as though they were not seasoned at all and the were not fried crisp. My husband's crab cakes had so much shell in them he wouldn't finish eating them. Every bite he had shell in his mouth. My daughter's etouffe was ok just not seasoned well. And her fried crawfish tasted sweet and anyone who eats crawfish knows they are not suppose to be sweet. I am normally not a complainer. But the food was honestly just not good. The only reason I gave it a 2 is because the waitress was really nice and the atmosphere was good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Bossier City, Louisiana
“Best oysters I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Every time I visit Lafayette I make a special trip to Abbeyville to stuff my face at Shucks. Their oysters are to die for! Fried or charbroiled Shuckafella style your in for a real treat!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had the oyster sampler appetizer, the fried seafood platter, and the bread pudding. This was one of the best seafood platters i have ever had. The oysters were good, except for the sweet ones. The bread pudding was nice and thick with a top notch rum sauce in which I could actually taste rum. The portions were so generous we brought half of both our platters home. The breaking was not too thick so that it overwhelmed the meat. The stuffed shrimp, stuffed crab, and boullette probably all used the same stuffing yet each tasted subtlety different.

Visited June 2013
Winchester, IL
“A real treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

While in the area visiting family, we had the good fortune to dine here. Excellent, friendly service from our waitress and several visits to our table from the owner. Good atmosphere because I think all patrons were enjoying themselves. Couple of us had oyster po' boys and weren't particularly impressed, but all the other food items served - appetizers, soups, entrees, desserts - were outstanding. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited May 2013
Richwood, TX
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had the pan broiled shrimp, fried oysters and stuffed shrimp. The fried oysters were probably the best I have ever had. There were about 18 on my HALF order! Very generous. We were lucky that the spring has been cool and so the oysteres are still available in May.
The stuffed shrimp stuffing was under cooked and not to our liking and the pan broiled shrimp were a bit spicy for me but were very tasty.
since we were in sugar cane territory we took a chance and tried the Sugar cane vinegarette salad dressing. It was pretty good but much to vinegary for our taste.
I would go again but would stick with fried oysters and shrimp.

• Visited May 2013