“BUFFET FOOD IS TERRIBLE”

Richard's Seafood Patio
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Seaffod Buffet was soggy & bland. I told the waitress, excuse me dont forget our drinks please after 10 minutes of waiting & she yelled I am busy with others. My Brother N Law got up & went to go get our drinks himself. I should have known something was wrong with all the people there that MAYBE a handfull like maybe 10 people other than our 4 ate off the buffet. All the others were getting boiled crawfish or strickly off the menu. If it took that long for us to get our drinks I CAN ONLY IMAGINE how long it took them to get there menu orders. While the resturant was not bad just an old timey hole in the wall place but clean. I cant fully say all the waiters/waitresses was as rude as ours was. I am sure locals do enjoy their food because they are the only as they Advertise 7 day a week seafood Buffet. But if you have no one else to compare to then I guess they find it ok. If their crawfish is as bland as their buffet then it would be good for older people & very young who cant' or are not used to any sort of seasoning. For 2 beers, a coke & 2 seafood Buffets it was $49.00 SO NOT WORTH IT..
Needless to say we will never make that trip again

3  Thank Pansy246

Reviewed March 11, 2011

Drove two hours, already knew it was not a luxury restaurant, that did not matter. I saw this restaurant on the internet and looked forward for weeks to visit it. Got there very early, first ones in after visiting the quaint little historical town. Loved the siteseeing. The buffet was disappointing. Nothing special. The boiled crawfish or oysters were not on the buffet. We spent close to $50.00 for a mediocre buffet. It tasted okay, but not worth the price. We asked the waitress who appeared to be in charge of three tables, for drink refills and she went on to wait on to wait on the other tables. We waited for our drinks then when the waitress passed our table, my sister politely asked her to not forget our drinks please. She replied back loudly and ugly, "I had to wait on those tables in the back". After she said that, my husband walked across the dining area and got our own drinks refilled. The bathroom has a door to walk in and one door to both toilets. You should be good friends with the other person using the other toilet, because there was only a slight wall seperating the two. There was no door for the individual toilets. If one of you get up to leave, the other person would haved to get off the toilet to shut the door back and lock it. Weird and awkward bathroom. My husband said the men's bathroom looked like something similar. Said he saw one like that on tv, like a prison bathroom, no privacy. Sounded like the women's. He said he had to use toilet paper to dry his hands.

Even if we lived in Abbeville, the four of us agreed, we would not eat there again. If we ever go back that way we will probably try some of the other restaurants in the area that looked interesting.

3  Thank 70778robinlee
Reviewed December 26, 2010

If I had to make the choice, boiled crawfish from Richard's.

1  Thank cajunut
Reviewed September 6, 2010

You NEVER wait in line to check out... but you will wait in a line for there opening and it's soooo worth it. We have gone at different hours.... different days... never a problem with the food or the staff! The food is outstanding in value and flavor and believe me when I tell you it IS CLEAN! Maybe around the sinks where you wash off your hands sometimes has paper towels on the floor near the waste basket if someone lets theirs fall over but other than that CLEAN! I'm a foody and I'm very particular about where I eat an what I eat and this place is on my top 10 list and where I go when I don't want any surprises or disappointment.

1  Thank Goodgodman
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Well worth looking for. We had crayfish that I swear were bigger than our hands and that had been swimming just an hour before. Prices reasonable. Service was excellent. Clearly a favorite with the locals.

Don't wear anything you don't mind messing up. This is a formica table cloth and paper towel kind of place.

1  Thank Playswdogs