“I've Died and Gone to Heaven!!!!”

Richard's Seafood Patio
Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Rio Rancho
“I've Died and Gone to Heaven!!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The first time and I was hooked. I was working in Abbeville during Katrina/Rita and asked the plant manager were was the best place to get some crawfish. He said if I want the best, then go to Richard's and the directions followed. Needless to say, this was a weekly place while the crawfish were in season, and when I have to go back to NOLA on business, I make it a point to make the drive as long as it is the season for the reason of being here.

If you are looking for bib & tucker dining, then you need to find someplace else, but if you want awesome crawfish, then you need to make the trip or miss out on the best crawfish around. Pure Cajun and a very friendly atmosphere, as everyone is there for the same thing great crawfish and plenty of them.

No matter what you order here, expect it to be the best, and make sure that you are hungry, as they give you plenty.

• Visited April 2012

“Great Crawfish!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

If you are wanting to have a cajun experience go to this place!

Cumming, Georgia
“Rustic Restaurant with Character”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

When we visit Abbeville and the crawfish and crabs are in season we have to make a trip to Richard's. It is a fun family place with a rustic atmosphere and lots of character. Eating crabs and crawfish may not be refined but they sure are good. You just roll your sleeves up and dig in. We had a new family member that was a bit shy until we all sat down to a heaping lagre plate of the crawfish and crabs, after ordering more we knew she was hooked. It is a place to have a good time and let your hair down.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Maggie C
Abbeville, Louisiana
“First Seafood Boiling house in the area”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Best place for boiled seafood. They have been doing it for a long time and they have it down to a science. Son't expect any frills, this is a bare bones type place that has been a favorite of mine for as long as I can rememer. Get there right at 5:00 PM during crawfish season as when crawfish are in short supply they sometimes run out. There boiled crabs are delicious too!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank hottiediver77
Sugar Land, Texas
“This is worth the drive and worth the wait to get in!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

On Fridays and Saturdays, they open at 5 pm so you had better be in line if you expect to make the first sitting. You can wander in at 6:30 and there is hardly any wait. I LOVE this place. When we come home to visit, this is on my "must do" list. The boiled crawfish is what I come to eat. The seafood buffet is little bit of everything and divine.

• Visited March 2012