“Exceptional Camping Facility”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Exceptional Camping Facility”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a first class State facility. Even though it was a holiday weekend, and the camp ground was full, there was a lot of space and quietness. The grounds are well laid out and are well kept. The recreational area was crowded but the grandkids still were able to enjoy both the splash pad and playground. We rode our bikes all around with no problems. The area was pretty quiet after 10 PM. This is our fourth time there and we have been pleased ever time.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank RaginCajun1

Abbeville, LA
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Palmetto Island State park”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a beautiful park. I have only gone to visit... there are many private camping areas for campers and motorhomes. There is a splash pad and several rental cabins. It is a beautiful natural area.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank mscjn55
Orange, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Love Palmetto Island State Park”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Maybe this place gets busy on the weekends or during the summer, but when we visited in October it wasn't at all. Stayed there twice on a road trip from California to New Orleans. We stopped in to camp overnight the first time because we couldn't find a spot to park our RV in Abbeville and it was getting dark. Came up from the coast and ran into some trouble with a closed bridge blocking our way up the road, but a helpful resident sent from God (who introduced himself as Gator and reminded me so much of my father) saved the day when he helped us with directions around the road closure. Loved our stay that night so much we made a point of stopping back in on the way home so we could spend more time.

This park was immaculate. It's bathrooms and showers were well maintained and we were able to take advantage of the complimentary washers and dryers. Rent a canoe if you go there. We did and it was an adventure for this California girl. I'll never forget how beautiful and peaceful it was (except to argue about how to row). Hope to be able to stop by there again one day. Also, special thanks to Tal at the campground office. He was so helpful and we just loved him!

Visited October 2013
6 Thank DebbieDoo
lafayette la
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Camping trip ruined by drunk neighbors”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I had camped here before without any problems. However our most recent stay was ruined by the campers next to us that had no respect for other campers. First let me say the campground was packed with lots of families enjoying the nice weather. Traffic was very heavy with a lot of people driving around in cars and golf carts. I saw a very young park policeman drive by a few times always with his windows up and not looking around. The trouble started when we were awakend at 12:30AM by the people in the next campsight blasting their music so loud it sounded like it was inside our camper. The sheriff dept. finally showed up to quiet them down. I just cant beleive someone would be so rude as to crank the music up so loud at this time of night. I dont beleive we will ever go back.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank kharley
Seattle, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent State Park”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was there for a day hike in November. Arrived in late afternoon. I wish I'd rented a canoe, but not enough time. Well maintained. Lovely setting. Friendly staff.

Visited November 2013