“Always Clean and Helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Abbeville Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Abbeville Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Abbeville
Deridder, United States
“Always Clean and Helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I always stay at this hotel whenever I have business meetings and no matter what time I get up, as early as 4:15am, they make me coffee. The beds are really comfortable and this place is cozy when I have to sleep away from home. The staff and manager are very professional and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kay P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We are so pleased we were able to meet all your needs. We want you to think of this as your home away from home. We are here to make sure you have a wonderful stay during each visit. If you ever need us we are just a phone call away. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is were we always stay when visiting family in Abbeville. It is the nicest place in town. This sounds like a complaint but not meant to be construed as such. It is still a wonderful place to stay and we will still stay at The Best Western when in town. It is still clean and the people that work there are always most helpful but do think it could use some touching up. Some of the walls could use a bit of paint, the carpets need to be checked. Again want to add it is still a nice place to stay and will continue to do so.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kay P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and We apologize that your experience was less than expected. Your comments will help us fix issues so that it won't happen again in the future.

Thank you once again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Arlington VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a great find. The price was right, the room was very well-appointed, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was more than adequate. Disregard the complaints about the beds being too high unless you have legitimate accessibility issues or are very short - say under 5 ft tall. We had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kay P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments.
It is our goal to provide great service to our guest and we look forward to you staying
with us again.
Vinton, Louisiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was in Abbeville for a baseball tournament for the weekend. Did my research on places to stay and wasn't disapounted. This is a newer hotel, close to the ballpark and Super Walmart. It is right next to a small airport as well but I did not hear any noise from planes nor did I see any. Breakfast was waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, bagels,boiled eggs, etc. They have a real nice coffee machine that makes coffee, espresso, and Capacinno.The day shift desk clerk was very friendly but seemed over worked. The night clerk was busy herding 13 year old boys up out of the halls so other guests could sleep, I hope these ladies are paid well as I imagine alot of baseball teams stay there in summer.
Chilis is located close by for restaraunts and there is a Subway in the Walmart close by. The rooms had a small refrigerator and microwave. I am usually a Homewood Suites person but they dont have one in Abbeville. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gatorrat
Thank you for the wonderful remarks.
We will continue to strive for excellence, and we hope to see you soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

A great location to really get the feel and flavor of the area. Was here for a meeting. The staff was great. Rooms are clean and well kept. Be sure to go to Shucks for dinner. Check out the music in the town square and there is a farmers market there in the spring and summer.

Room Tip: Be sure to visit the White Lake area and look for the great Whooping Cranes!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ReginaPhelps
We appreciate you staying with us at Best Western Abbeville. The feedback that you provide will help us continue to provide the customer service and cleanliness that is expected of us.
Charlotte, North Carolina, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'm not sure where to begin, check in was great the woman seemed to be in distress but that didn't interfere with her customer service. Later she was unable to change a 100 dollar bill which I found unusual. The room was nice at first glance, but I noticed a water spot on the drywall by the air conditioner. It has mold on it. My entire family now have sinus infections due to mold spores. The A/C unit dripped water, the floor is soaked around the unit, can't even imagine what grows there. My comforter had burn marks I took it back but the quality control here is deplorable. While going downstairs to change my blanket for an unburned one I was crowded by two men who had an open beer with him, he and his friend were very drunk, I was terribly uncomfortable. Returning to my room I found that my safety lock doesn't work. The door has settled and is off kilter not allowing the lock to meet the whole made for it. This made me nervous because the drunk men are on my floor. I called down to the front desk and I got their voicemail, they did not return my call. My friends who recommended this place said it was built only a year ago, seems like it was either built poorly or maintaining this investment is not a priority of the management. Sleep wasn't possible between the constant drip of the AC unit, car alarms, and drunks on my floor I fear I did not get the sleep I so desperately needed and thought I would get here. The next morning I was informed that the managers were not available and wouldn't be available until Wednesday, my stay was Friday-Sunday. They switched me rooms but that door didn't lock either. I checked out on Saturday. I never talked to the manager but he finally authorized my refund on Thursday. It was a nightmare check your room thoroughly and if it isn't good leave within an hour of checkin or you'll have to call corporate and file many complaints and the refund will take several weeks. I couldn't go to another hotel for this very reason.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Barb828_318
Kay P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry your experience was not a positive one, the statue in lobby that you had problem with is not Kali, it is shiva. :) nothing about death destruction
you had problem with other guest with open beer bottles in elevators, Unfortunately, we have no control over it. it is not illegal and we can't stop our guest from drinking beers.
we did put the room out of order and will inspect and take neccesary step to resolve all the problems.
sorry once again and thank your for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to reclaim your trust the next time you are in Abbeville.
100 Mile House, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

A good place to stay for night when touring the area south of La Fayette. Hotel is clean and quiet. rooms are comfortable although as some others have mentioned in their reviews the beds are HIGH. Don't fall off. Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeville
Motel 6 Abbeville
Ramada New Iberia
Ramada New Iberia
#5 of 12 in New Iberia
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA

Been to BEST WESTERN Abbeville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!