“Service and attention is outstanding”
Review of The Caldwell House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abbeville
The Caldwell House
Ranked #1 of 2 Abbeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2009

House is beautiful, rooms are spacious and very clean. Mae is a wonderful hostess and has spoiled us twice now. Coffee on the porch in the morning and wine on the porch in the evening, very peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Caldwell for our 10th Anniversary. The house is very beautiful and comfortable. Mae and Carolyn were absolutely wonderful Hostesses. Mae spent a lot of time sharing history of the house and the Abbeville area, very enthusiastically. The home is situated in the middle of town with quiet gardens to sit in. The upstairs balcony is a wonderful place to enjoy the early morning sounds while drinking a fresh brewed cup of coffee. The Breakfast's were WONDERFUL! Awesome Pecan Praline French Toast!! The rooms are very roomy and comfortable. I called ahead and had extras sitting in the room for our arrival to surprise my wife...also perfect. These ladies know how to take care of people and make them feel like family. We will be staying here again. The rooms are priced about the same as some of the name brand hotels. Thank you ladies for such a wonderful stay and the recipes.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed a The Caldwell House due to a wedding we were attending...it was just for one night much to our regret....we would of liked to have stayed longer! We plan on going back to The Caldwell House...even it it's for a weekend getaway! The house was beautiful..loved our room"The Morning Glory Room". Mae the manager of the house was such a great hostess! She made us feel right at home! Her breakfast she prepared for us was simply divine! The owners of The Caldwell are lucky to have her to run and manage their place..She is doing a fabulous job!
The Gaspards from Mandeville, LA, Sheryl and Gerald

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

After revewing the other hotels in Abbeville and seeing nothing that impressed me in the least, I decided to look for somthing a little different and came upon this B&B. Needless to say after looking at all the reviews and having spent the night, it was everything everyone said it was. One of my collegues had never stayed at a B&B and this was their first time and after meeting Mae and the wonderful accommodations, they are hooked on B&B's also.
If you have never been to a B&B, the is the place to start!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We had our wedding here in April. Once we saw the house, and met with the Mae, there was no other option. They were so "on point," no detail was missed. Mae thought about things that I had no clue about, and then she made them happen.

The day of the wedding the staff was hugely accomodating, (ie- I had a late bridesmaid that needed to shower) no questions asked, and it was done. Throughout the night, Mae would tell us when it was time for cake cutting, pictures, etc. based on what we had discussed prior to the wedding. I did not have to think about anything but my new husband and guests.

The Bridal suite/ honeymoon suite, AMAZING! I could go on for days about the attention to detail and accomodations....

I would reccomend The Caldwell anytime!

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank nko2671
Reviewed August 3, 2009

After much shopping around, my mother and I chose the Caldwell for the location of my July 25th wedding reception. When I first walked into the Caldwell I knew that it was the place for me. At first I was really nervous about the wedding because we planned it in about three months. Ms. Mae, the manager, is very organized, professional, and inquires about every detail of your special day. This really overwhelmed me at first, because I was pretty laid back about the wedding (she was also our wedding coordinator). However, when our special day arrived it was SO PERFECT! I did not have to worry about anything; all I did was show up. Mae and all of the staff were super to work with. They took care of everything, and were so sweet. They take great care to make you feel special. My husband and I spent the night after the wedding in the honeymoon suite, which was super. It was very plush, romantic, and comfortable. Mae served us delicious breakfast the next morning, and the staff even helped us pack up our car. I highly reccomend the Caldwell House for any event or trip. I have the most perfect memories (and beautiful pictures) of the happiest day of my life!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank candcSandhill_MS
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We are from Lafayette (just down the road) and I won a one night stay in a radio contest. My wife and I have stayed in bed and breakfast locations before and the stays haven't always been the most pleasant. The Caldwell not only met our expectations, but exceeded them! Mae met us at the door and made us feel most welcome. We immediately felt right at home. Our suite was the Honeymoon Suite and it knocked our socks off! Totally beautiful. Mae gave us a guided tour of the whole house and we can't say enough about the richness and beauty there. Very well kept grounds too. The room had everything we could ask for and we slept like babies. Breakfast the next day was fabulous too. I can't say enough about the property and Mae too. She makes it work. We have already recommended the property to a number of our friends and we will be back. Thank you Mae for a night we won't soon forget. Mike and Karen S.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple