“Yes, I absolutely agree. The word AMAZING doesn't say enough!!”

The Real Panama Trs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a 157% panamanian, reliable and fun transportation service for travelers . It is not a typo error. We are 157% panamanians. With us, at your own pace, on a private tour, you will discover the panamanian wildlife up close, enjoy private boat rides at our amazing Panama Canal, meet our indigenous tribes, walk on our noisy and colorful streets, try out simple yet delicious food (carimañolas, bollos, hojaldres, chicheme), enjoy hidden waterfall and more. We go above and beyond for our guests and make sure your vacation time is memorable. When you choose The Real Panama Trs you are guaranteed a true panamanian deal. if you are here, go out there and explore The Real Panama.
Reviewed April 24, 2017

I travel frequently and Sorhay is hands down the best tour guide I have ever had. My husband and I spent 3 full days with her. She is delightful!! She gets to know you and wants you to have the best Panamanian experience tailored to YOUR interests. I like coffee and so we started our days out at a coffee shop. My husband is a very fit guy and she picked us up one morning at 5:30am to hike Anton hill and watch the sun rise over the Pacific. My husband wanted to see a sloth so she found a sloth. We happened to pass the President of Panama while he was jogging on the Amador Causeway. Sorhay says you are going to meet my President. My husband and I said, "There's no way we are going to meet the President." Well, we met the President. Never doubt Sorhay - if she says you are going to do something, you will do it!

TheRealPanamaTrs, Owner at The Real Panama Trs, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2017

Mrs. LaRhonda and Mr. Eric:
It was an honor to spend those 3 days with you guys. I am glad you took upon my offer to hike up to Ancon Hill and see the sun rising, we put in our work out and then had that delicious panamanian breakfast with bollo, carimañola, almojabanos (the ones with corn and cheese), hojaldres, egg, bacon and ham. I still remember your faces enjoying the bollos. You really made me learn how to prepare the bollos and up til that day I just ate them without thinking about the process to make them.. Congrats on your sons ranger graduation (after graduating from West Point). Hopefully I will get to meet your sons and daughter.
Mr. Eric you are lots of fun and made me believe more that I can accomplish my dreams.
I have a gift for you but it can't be mailed so it will get to Austin when I find a human who can deliver it. It is tiny but special.
Life should continue blessing you both and your family for all you are doing for others.

Glad Panama is the first country were you have met a President, jogging. That was awesome!

Continue traveling and come back with your grandkids.

Sorhay

in 31 reviews
"knowledge"
"portobelo"

Reviewed March 18, 2017

I was fortunate enough to find this tour guide before leaving the US. I was overwhelmed with work and planning for this trip. From the beginning of my interactions with Sorhay over the phone I was at ease. She answered all of my questions and concerns. I gave her the specifics of my family, ages, likes-dislikes etc. She came up with amazing choices for us that would ensure a fun time. Sorhay is intelligent and very intuitive, she is so flexible and able to create whatever experience you want. We spent 5 out of our 6 days in Panama in various tours with Sorhay. She went above and beyond to make our trip memorable. We had private tours and were able to accommodate the children's schedules and abilities (they are 6 and 9). She picked us up every day promptly at scheduled time in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles. She drives excellently and her english is perfect. She takes time and consideration to learn about her guests. She is a wealth of knowledge of Panama history and culture. She herself is very well traveled and it shows in her empathy in dealing with tourists. She is warm and loving. She ensured that my children were engaged and that they were entertained- even during the car rides! The trips that we went on with her were far better than any other tours we have done with other companies. In fact- many guests at our hotel went on tours to similar destinations and were disappointed. The tours with her are much more than just a tour-they are an actual experience! She has everything sorted out so you have the best of the best- food, fun, comfort she handles it all flawlessly. The people that she works with are also amazing, kind and professional. The best part of our trip for our children was the experiences that she created. She started out a tour guide and became a member of our family! Best trip ever! Do not look any further if you are going to Panama. Call this company and just put everything in Sorhay's capable hands and you will have the experience of a lifetime.

TheRealPanamaTrs, Owner at The Real Panama Trs, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

My dear new friend Jessica:

You have such a beautiful babies.
I have a pair of Pink Hello Kittty sunglasses forgotten by a little girl right next to me in my van. Those sunglasses are a daily reminder to ALWAYS look at the bright side of things as your adorable Lyra said a few times (there is so much wisdom in kids and thats wy I love been around them)...
I still rememeber Aria turning back around to give me a hug before she went back to the hotel. Those little things are the main reason why I love what I do.
Everything went well.. perfect days... San Blas could not be more beautiful... The Embera cuties playing witn your princesses...
I am glad you made that coconut rice as soon as you got back home and glad to know the little ones liked it.
Now I have a new favorite song to lift my spirit thanks to Lyra: Fireball (lol) and I do play it a lot and a look like a crazy woman dancing in my van....
Hope Mr. Joe is doing well and that his little scratch after jumping from the beach tree is better.
For sure, I will see you again because I must visit some of the National Parks of the US soon.

Love you all :-)

Life is gOOd My dear Lisa... Life is gOOOOOOd

Reviewed March 8, 2017

Where do I begin....ok, I really just need to tell you from start to end. Be prepared for a lengthy but sincere review. I researched several tours...from their website to Trip Advisor to their Facebook and Instagram. The Real Panama Tours stood out mainly because of reviews and pictures. Yep, pictures :) but mainly reviews. Although, there were not many reviews...every one I read was great and personal. Everyone spoke of such love and appreciation for Sorhay. That was the initiating factor for my contact with The Real Panama Tours. I generally like to plan things out, so I contacted Sorhay 4 months before my vacation to check tours I may be intersted in and prices. She responded promptly (we used email), she was friendly, she gave full details and rates. I told her when I was traveling. She didn't make me feel as if my early contact was unimportant. She invited me to contact her anytime I needed information before or during my trip. She gave me her WhatsApp contact info so it would be of no cost to physically speak with her, if need be. I told her I would call 30 or so days prior to my trip to confirm her availability and send my deposit for the chosen tour. I contacted her to prepare for my tour and send my deposit in Jan., she was just as friendly and inviting each time we spoke. She required a minimal deposit. She gave the options of credit card or Western Union for the deposit and final payment the day of the tour. So jump to my arrival in Panama in Feb...Sorhay reached out to me the day prior to my scheduled tour to confirm tour, inform of pick up time and to welcome me to Panama. She arrived promptly at 8:15 am to pick us up and greeted us with a hug. Her shuttle van was clean and well air conditioned. She was just as friendly and pleasant in person as she was during all of our previous contact. My cousin and I were joining another couple from Uruguay on our chosen tour to Anton Valley. She spoke clear English to us (we are from USA) and Spanish to the other couple, but made sure she spoke back and forth to us all to ensure she included everyone in the conversations. She explained to us again what our tour detailed, but also informed she would tailor to anything we wanted along to way...whether stopping at sights to take pictures along the way or enjoying food from local eateries that we came across. On the way to Anton Valley we viewed, stopped, took pictures and/or received full descriptions/history on Bridge of Americas, Amador Causeway, Biomuseo, Panamal Canal, Presencia China en Panama monument and Parque Nacional Altos de Campana. Sorhay was so informative, full of education and history. You could hear her love of Panama in every word. Our tour to Anton Valley also included horse back riding through Anton Valley, hiking in the rain forest, beautiful natural springs and waterfalls, petroglyphs and a trip to the local marketplace. For a small fee you can enjoy great empanadas, chicheme and an authentic Panamanian meal. We also added zip lining to our tour for an additional cost. We had a full day of fun and appreciated Sorhay making us comfortable, and getting is back to the hotel safe and sound. I loved it so much that I called Sorhay last minute at 8 am the following day for a tour to San Blas Islands. I was originally scheduled for a tour by catamaran to Taboga Island. Red Cat Mega cancelled the trip and I couldn't possible go without seeing the tropical islands surrounding Panama. Sorhay answered my call immediately. Even though tours to San Blas start early (5:30am) due to strict regulations by the indigenous of the area, Sorhay picked me up at 8:30am anyway. She zipped me through the mountains, gave me history of the indigenous, showed me the area of San Blas where we were headed from a mountain viewpoint 800 meters above sea level, boarded a covered boat and traveled between 3 BEAUTIFUL islands. The tour also included a delicious Panamanian meal. One island also had snorkeling for a minimal fee. I can not explain this experience. The excitement of the boat ride, the beauty of the water, the relaxation of the islands...I have never been so happy. Once again, Sorhay showed me a great time and got me back to the hotel safe and sound. She took pictures throughout each tour and sent them to me promptly, for no fee, after she dropped me off. She even called on our day of departure to wish us well. If you want to see the real Panama, beautiful views and get a true feel of what Panama has to offer from someone full of passion and who is absolutely delightful, you have to contact The Real Panama Tours. Sorhay rocks!

1  Thank SimplyNena

Shanena Shanena Shanena: Your are a lucku lucky woman. i hope you are aware of that. You are the only single customer that I ahve taken to San Blas. Fortunaly for you, I already had a family of 4 from Italy and 2 a couple there that day. Everyting was in place for you to see San Blas and I was just a middle person to make it happen.
I really enjoy taking you and your friend to Anton Valley for you zip lining adventure and it was nice to have the Uruguay couple joining us that day. It ws perfect.
Your positive vibe was felt, hope you never lose that spark.
Have you read The Alchemist yet?
If the Jamaican dream becomes a reality I hope to be informed so I can jump on a plane over. I have not been there yet.
Panama is still hot hot hot and I know Indianopois must be still a little cold for you.

life is gOOd.

Keep traveling darling...

Japan 2017 - coming soon

Reviewed March 5, 2017

We can't say enough good things about the services provided by The Real Panama Tours. Sorhay was an amazing tour guide who was committed to providing our family group with all the experiences that we wanted. She was prompt and communicated well both prior to and during our trip and even managed to make itinerary changes on the fly to ensure that we saw and experienced things that we hadn't originally included in our plans.

We were impressed by her knowledge of the local geography, history and the workings of the lock system. She provided us with not only a tour of the beautiful parts of Panama but also took us into the rough areas to see historical locations too. She has many contacts and managed to secure a wheelchair for one of our elderly family members with only short notice. She guided us through the lock sites so that we didn't waste time and saw everything we were there to see. She took us out to Portobello and had a boat arranged to take us to a lovely beach for an afternoon of relaxation. She helped us communicate with local vendors and villagers and truly showed us the warmth and welcome of the people of Panama.

We feel like Sorhay became a family member during our three day trip and we look forward to going back to see more with her. We highly recommend The Real Panama Tours as the BEST way to experience The Real Panama.

My Dear Mrs. Sandra:
What a lovely family of yours. Taking part of your tours within my country was fantasic. Thanks for the canadian canned wine, it was delicious!
I knew because of the many email with exchanged that you wanted an unforegettable experience for you mom and dad celebrating their 60th anniversary and because of the email I just received from your mother I can tell you that we accomplished it and I am very very very happy for it.
Mu crew at Portobelo really displayed how good they can be when helping Mr. Bob to get on and off the boat. Those memories of my people showing to our guests who we, the panamanians are, make me feel very proud.
There had been many awesome canadians during this short 2 years if my new life as a "panamanian happiness ambassador" and you guys are really some of the coolest, smart, warm, lovely and happiest people I had the hard work to deal with (hahahaha). Sometimes I wonder if I am working... I just realize it when my back reminds me of it after drving all over. lol.
I must go back to Canada and I hope to see you guys again and give you a big warm hug more time.
Panama and Galapagos was definitely a good combo pack.
Please be sure that I will always rememeber all of you guys :-)

We will remain in touch unless you change your number. lol

sorhay