“Meh...”

Ranked #857 of 1,094 Restaurants in Panama City
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Ok so it's not fair to expect much from a Bennigan's, so it wasn't that bad.

I had an early dinner with my mom and dad here. We had some margaritas (they were good, not the best, but good) and I had a sort of appetizer sampler with nachos and pepper jack cheese sticks (it sounded like a good idea at the time). The food wasn't bad, but not excelent. The nachos a bit cold, but the pepper jack was what I expected. My mom had just the nachos, and they weren't great either. My dad had the Monte Cristo sandwich, because I told him that I had eaten a Monte Cristo once and I loved it [it was not here]. The sandwich was disgusting, it had not a single redeeming quality. I had to share my food with my dad because it was my fault he had ordered it. The bread was hard, it arrived lukewarm [at most], I think it had been microwaved, if it had a single slice of turkey [I think that's what it was] it was too much.

Service was good, nothing great but there weren't that many people around.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great location, but food & service were very average. Not cool inside & still too warm on outside patio in shade under fans during the day. If you like watching soccer, however, there were large TV screens everywhere. Be sure to have them validate your municipal parking stub.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The views of the city are not that great. It is just beside one of the yacht parking areas. So you are treated to a view of all the yachts at their moorings. Sitting outside is of course better. We had a group of our own with lots of things to talk about. The beautiful evening breeze and the awesome chicken wings kept us happy along with the Atlas beers. Other than this there is nothing else much to recommend this place. Probably views from Beirut next door would be better. They also have the belly dancing.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've been to this Bennigan's twice now over the past two years, and unfortunately the service each time was terrible. I've only been there for drinks at the outisde bar, so I can't comment about service inside, but judging by the extreme lack of service outside, I would not make an effort to go inside for drinks or food. The view from the outdoor bar is very nice as it overlooks the marina. The bar area itself is very nice, but the service as I mentioned was terrible. It took almost 5 minutes for us to even be recognized by the bartender and this is after we asked him if the outdoor bar was open. There was a small group of servers sitting at the corner of the bar and the bartender was clearly more interested in hanging out with them than with serving us. We had to get up and walk over to ask for our drinks. When it came time for another round, we had to do the same exact thing. I know service in Panama can be slow and not very attentive, however the service here at Bennigan's is by far the worst I have ever experienced in Panama. There are other bar/restaurants in the same area, and some of them are on the marina as well. If you are looking for good service, do yourself a favor and by pass Bennigan's completely. It's one thing for service to be slow, but to have to deal with that, and a bad attitude from the bartender at the same time is just not right in my book. I'll take my business elsewhere next time I am at the Casway.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I remember the chain from m stateside days, first time I ever battered veggies . Of acual Irish descent I could never get the link with the theme or the cuisine. This one s well located and does a wide menu of American type dishes found in the states . Service adequate but slow, nice crowd ,is a nice expierence for someone to get the feel of an all American Diner .