“Our favorite in Cangrejo area”
Review of Restaurante Angel

Restaurante Angel
Ranked #138 of 1,068 Restaurants in Panama City
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This Spanish style fine dining restaurant is our favorite for special occasions in the Cangrejo neighborhood on Via Argentina. We lived half a block from it and have been there often. We find the food and service consistently great. The chefs sauces are unique and quality for Panama. The atmosphere is old school elegance. Very quiet and elegant atmosphere. Service is European style efficient without having overbearing personalities. Strongly recommend the seafood or cheese/crab stuffed canneloni. The Tapas bar/restaurant behind is separate and good as well for tapas and lighter fare...but is more of a bar atmosphere.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

You can choose to eat at Restaurant Angel on Via Argentia or the smaller La Tasca Angel behind it on Alberto Navarro St. We ate at La Tasca which is more casual and less expensive. Nice environment for business, family or romantic dinner - no loud music and attentive service. The tapas, tortilla and bocadillas were terrific and very traditional. A pitcher of sangria is delicious. $30 for 2 people with several drinks. Thus - Sat nights live music after 9:00.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We went to Angel for my wife's birthday last year, it was a good experience, the food was great, and service was good, it is in a good part of town there in El Cangrejo.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I ate with my wife at Angel's a while back and still remember it like it was yesterday! Our waiter pointed us in the right direction all night long. We started with the Iberico Ham with manchego queso. It might have been the best thing I have ever eaten (I travel all the time for work and am lucky enough to dine at 4 and 5 start restaurants often). I ordered the Snook. I had always heard this was a great tasting fish but I have never seen it on a menu. I am from Florida and the only wayt to eat it there is to catch it yourself. I was not disappointed. My wife ordered the Trucha (Trout). My wife is not a fish lover but she loved this and finished her plate. We were too full for desert. A short walk back to the Marriott downtown on a cool night with a full moon - it was a great night!

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We have eaten at Angel a number of times. It is really a business restaurant with a good Spanish wine list and good service. La Tasca at the rear of the restaurant is a good tapas bar at a lower price