“Just lovely”
Review of ZK Nikkei Cuisine

ZK Nikkei Cuisine
Ranked #25 of 1,118 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Peruvian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Japanese-Peruvian Restaurant (Nikkei Cuisine)
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Visited with a large work group and we were really impressed with both the quality of the food and the staff. We work for a beer company and they did not stock our brands. However, without hesitating the staff went out to the local supermarket and bought our brands for us - what a great touch! Food was excellent, as was the service. Very nice place, just lovely.

1  Thank pauldwhyte

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Actually this was my second time in this restaurant. It is a Saturday night so the restaurant was rather full. It is empty during the week, as I often go the Torres de Las Americas building where it is located. The atmosphere is not bad - nice decors, cosy illumination, etc. and so is the food, although try to avoid sushi. If you are a connoisseur, there is a good chance that you will be very disappointed. The service is very poor which is not a big surprise in Panama in general. The waiters chatting with each other, and with the manager [!], completely ignoring the guests. I had to ask several times other waiters to finally get attention of our waiter who was chatting with his fellow waiters, and I asume with the manager judging by his outfit. Even the manager didn't seem to bother much about the guests. When we finally got attention of our waiter he did not seem to be very happy doing his job. Check the bill as you go, because they automatically include the 10% tip, and what is worse these waiters expect you to leave another 15%.. I know many Westerners do so, because it is cheaper in Panama, and when you see the bill, you don't think that the tip is already included - it is on the bill in small print! In general I recommend to be very careful about seafood in Panama City. You have better choices in provinces, with less population and less polluted waters.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

As a big sushi aficionado I expected something good given that Panama has access to excellent sea food.
What a disappointment. I cannot complain about the service nor the place itself which is well located and nicely decorated. The entree were ok and the tempura Ice cream pretty good actually but the Sushi OMG the rice overcooked and chewy, the California Maki had no cucumber and were unedible tuna maki yakkkk the tuna inside was ok but dont expect this melt in your mouth feeling and the Volcano kind of fancy but tasted really weird.
Even though the place was full and client seemed to enjoy the food I can proudly say they were the worst sushi I have ever tasted. I left most of them and enjoyed the icecream instead

1  Thank Nicolino1974
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a high class Japanese restaurant. The menu is varied with sushi and a varied Japanese menu. All around excellent, The service is impeccable, the ambiance and the decor very nice. Although the price is on the high side, this dining experience is very worth it.
There is also a very nice terrace.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1  Thank ADallaire
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am missing a setting on Tripadvisor. Sake is neither average nor very good. Above all, it is consistent which is a rare find in Panama. Most restaurants are horribly inconsistent and Sake has managed to deliver a consistent quality of food over the last few visits.

The sushi is definitely the best in Panama without a shadow of a doubt. Do not try to eat sushi anywhere else. However, it is not great for someone that has previously lived in Asia. It is just acceptable.

The main courses are pretty good and I prefer them over the sushi any day.

The two things that are somewhat off-putting are the poor service (bring plenty of time when going for a business lunch) and the smell left on your clothing when you leave. It is a mixture of cheap air freshener and fat.