“Nothing to rave about”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
London
“Nothing to rave about”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate here our first night in Panama as it was near to our hotel and we were tired. We were ignored for ages, so went inside to get noticed then Moved back outside after ordering. We had the lasagne special, which was like no lasagne I've ever seen, Luke warm and pretty dull. We also had the garlic chicken and chips. Tasted fine, but nothing genius about chicken and chips. All very average and filled a gap, prices were fine. I think we were the only ones not to be given any bread either. I will now research where the good places are with nice service too.
Wont eat here again.

• Visited October 2013

South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pancakes in Panama!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've been here twice--once for lunch that was rather so-so and once for a FABULOUS breakfast.

For lunch I had the lasagna, which was just okay. However, the next time I had absolutely the best pancakes in Panama! I'm a huge fan of big breakfasts, and I was not disappointed.

The service was also the best I have experienced in Panama. I will definitely be back for breakfast, and I might give lunch another try!

• Visited September 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Decent, well priced food”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a very decent, well priced restaurant. It is right across the street from a large casino and it was within walking distance from our hotel. We sat outside to enjoy the traffic of folks (even though the heat tempted us to go inside). The person serving looked like she was having a bad day but tried to be friendly. So we did not get the best service. Food was very good, well priced for what we got and the beer was not that expensive. This is nothing fancy but was overall very satisfied.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wilhelm_Man
Edmonton, Alberta
“Prawns like I've never seen before... HUGE!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had dinner here while in Panama, and it was delicious! The garlic butter prawns were huge (still had the head on them) and the sangria was very refreshing. Prices were reasonable too.

• Visited May 2013
Boquete, Panama
“Always Good Food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We frequently eat at Monolo's and were not disappointed this visit. Had the whole fried fish and fries, husband had the cuban sandwich and flan... Waitress was delightful and food was wonderful.

Visited May 2013