“The only good thing about Las Vegas Hotel”

Pomodoro Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #55 of 1,080 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Although they wouldn't honor the complimentary continental breakfast I was supposed to receive, the food was pretty good, I especially liked the spaghetti and clam sauce!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This restaurant was recommended but the source has lost a little credibility over this one. We sat at the front outdoor tables thinking it was a small mom& pop place with little seating from what it appeared like from the glass windows. After several groups of people kept entering and other large groups continually exited, we decided it would have been nice to have been told there was a nice garden area outside in the back of the restaurant. The women servers were unfriendly and impatient, we were approached by 3 different street peddlers before our bread even arrived and they wouldn't go away. A male waiter had to pay one beggar from his own pocket to make him disappear. We thought that this place made its own pasta from scratch. Well, if they do, they didn't learn in Italy. The food was mediocre at best. And the desert we took home was also disappointing. Walk around the corner and find excellent restaurants nearby, such as 1985, but don't waste your time and money at this one.

1  Thank Elise B
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Here you will find a variety of pasta all delicious and served in huge proportions so you should come prepared with very hungry. The prices are excellent. Do not miss the white sangria and cappuccino.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a wonderful secret across from Hotel Veneto. When we first visited in October, it looked a bit standoffish because there was seating out on the parking strip and didn't look appealing. When we got tired of the other restaurants in the area we ventured in and found a bit of heaven inside the Las Vegas Suites. A lovely outdoor eating area with no noise from outside. Menu excellent, service wonderful.

We then tried - Caffe Pomodoro with wonderful Italian dishes, great blanca sangria.

After we picked up a taxi right outside, my husband got a call - from me! How could that be? Well, when you leave your cell at the restaurant and it is not in your purse, I had left it behind!

We turned around and picked it up. Thank you so much for calling. We have all experienced leaving our cells behind and pray that someone calls. They did.

Separate from that it has become one of our favorite restaurants.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

On my last vacation to Panama City I ate at Caffe Pomodoro and wished I had discovered the restaurant earlier in my trip. They have a great location near the Vento and the condo I was renting. The restaurant has four different seating areas and I recommend sitting in their inner courtyard that is outside with large trees and nice atmoshphere. I ordered the beef carpaccio, carpese salad and Gnocci entree. Gnocci were delicious as was the carpaccio. The salad was only ok due to the ripeness of the tomatos. My friend ordered a pesto pasta which was dry unfortunately and he did not have the rave reviews that I did. Large menu with a ton of great looking options to choose from and as the night went on the whole place filled up! Very popular with the locals and the prices are very affordable. I will eat there again on my next vacation to Panama city!