“Overpriced and over-hyped”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The title says it all. I really don't have much to say for the restaurant except I do not care for it. I've been to Orale twice (at two different locations), once at their location Marbella area, and once at their new location in El Dorado. To me I saw no difference between the two.

I find it ridiculous they don't have actual menus. Instead they have the "menu" painted on a wooden board with wheels, which would be ok if they had one for each table or at least more than one. The menu can't be seen clearly unless your within 6 ft of it.

If you want dessert, forget it. The selection here is very poor and small with only flan, cajeta, and vanilla ice cream.

The only thing keeping this place running is this: scarcity of mexican restaurants in Panama and it's party like atmosphere. This is a good place to go to if you want to see a soccer match (esp. world cup) and maybe have a few drinks. But even this is somewhat disappointing in that the only beers they have is Corona, Tecate, and Carta Blanca. I understand this is a mexican restaurant, but the cuisine is far from authentic.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

Reminds me of an attempt on Senior Frog's. This is a Mexican joint to get gringos drunk on expensive Carona and Tequila. Overpriced for Panama City. Drinks are the most expensive I have seen in PC. The service was horrible. I waited over 15 minutes for a check after I was done eating and there was almost no one in the restaurant.

The mexican ceviche was pretty good and I would get again. The tacos al pastor were rather bland and had canned pineapple on the top. I have had much better tacos from a truck parked at a gas station. If I could review those taco trucks they would get 5 stars by default.

Reviewed October 25, 2008

The place has become the latest trendiest Mexican restaurant in Panama City. Food is greasy and bad. Service is very Slow and inefficient. I would not recommend this restaurant to anybody except if what you are looking for is drinks and lots of noise.
The truth to be told, there are not any AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurants in Panama. Several started very well but along the way the have lowered their standards.

3  Thank PTYfood
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Panama
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Margaritas are dangerous, the "tortas" are great, I'm still waiting for my "chiles toreados", great place for first dates, very close friends meetings and small groups, the place is small, attention could be better, affordable.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook