“Orale Orale”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Not a Mexican in the house, but the best Mexican food in Panama. Not the best in the world but the best in Panama. Prices are good, portions are fair. Good service. Go to the one in Costa del Este NOT the one in Marbella. Good for families or singles.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went to this restaurant to celebrate one of my Mexican's friends. The food is very close to the real Mexican food and it is a perfect restaurant to celebrate birthdays with friends. Very funny celebrations.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Enjoy grandma´s nachos and play hangman on the paper topped tables, with strawberry margaritas! Careful, the salsa is spicy!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My impression of Orale is very contrasted:
On the one hand, I was amazed by the great service and atmosphere (awesome Mexican music and decoration) but on the other hand, I was pretty disppointed by the food: the three types of tacos that I ordered were all tasteless... and it's quite expensive!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

But I guess this could be called Pana-Mex. I'd planned on going to the other Mexican restaurant in Panama City but found they're closed on Monday's so I came here to check it out despite the number of negative reviews. I wish I'd gone somewhere else. I liked the atmosphere and the service was pretty good for Panama however I didn't care for the menus on wheels with the print that these old eyes had a hard time reading, not to mention my server hovering over me while I tried to squint my way thru it. I decided on the "new" chicken tacos al carbon, totopos (chips) with pico de gallo and a tamarindo margarita. Maybe I misunderstood the server when she named off the flavors or she misunderstood when I asked for tamarindo but I ended up getting a disgustingly sweet amaretto margarita. I like sweet stuff and I like Amaretto but this made my mouth hurt it was so sweet. The chips were fresh but the pico de gallo was unlike any I've ever had consisting of tomatoes, onions, cilantro, vinegar & oil. I was hoping for the usual jalapenos in the mix but not really expecting them since Panamenos seem to revile anything with a spicy kick and I've never seen fresh jalapenos in the grocery stores. I've never had vinegar & oil in my usual Tex-Mex pico and found it quite off putting here. The tacos were huge, piled high with chicken and more of what seemed like the same pico de gallo I was putting on my chips. They were good but I was quite sick of the vinegar/oil taste by the time I finished my meal. I was quite surprised that the bill was $20 when I pay $13 for roughly the same amount of food at the authentic Mexican restaurant here. My meal wasn't horrible but it wasn't the tastes I was expecting or craving so I doubt I'll go back.