“gastronomic trip”

8:00 PM
Ranked #8 of 1,447 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Alta cocina en su máxima expresión, cocina de autor de corte europeo occidental con influencias asiáticas importantes. Dress code: Smart Casual Note: No shorts, flipflops, or certain sandals allowed in the main dining area, may be allowed subject to availability at the terrace area.
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Azahar is one of my favorite restaurants in Panama (where I live). the service is very good, the menu is amazing with a lot of fusion food and incredible flavours, like the Banana Gnocchi!!
desserts and drinks are also delicious!

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (743)

Reviewed September 12, 2016

We were walking around Panama City in search of a new restaurant on our last night. We randomly came across Azahar, which looked very nice. Before going in, we did a quick Trip Advisor search and found that it had great reviews, so we decided to give it a try. It turned out to be one of the best restaurants we had eaten at. Here is my breakdown:

Ambiance:

My girlfriend and I spoke at length about how well-designed this restaurant was. The designer paid careful attention to all of the finest details, and it showed. It was a beautiful balance between modern-chic and old world-authentic, which gave it a delightful charm. We truly enjoyed the atmosphere and felt very comfortable.

Service:

We received immaculate service at Azahar. Our waiter was exceptionally attentive, and checked on us numerous times to make sure we were doing well. He was very polite and courteous, and made us feel very welcomed. Absolutely no complaints.

Food:

They had English menus available, which perfectly described the food. This was very nice, as many restaurants in Panama did not offer this, which made ordering a challenge.

The food at Azahar was absolutely mouthwatering. After we ordered, we were given crispy bread sticks with two scrumptious dipping sauces on the side. I could have eaten a ton of those, as they were really flavorful.

We ordered a salad as an appetizer and we each ordered an entree. The salad was a mescaline lettuce with an orange-mustard vinaigrette and crisped goat cheese that was crusted with almonds. It was genuinely delicious.

When our salad was done, we were given a very small scoop of lemon sorbet in a white spoon to clean our palate, which was a very nice touch.

My entree was a stuffed chicken breast with passion fruit reduction, and cheese risotto on the side. Again, unbelievably tasty. My girlfriend ordered the Ithica tenderloin, which was stuffed with cheese and almonds, and topped with a mushroom reduction sauce. I can't say enough about our food.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

We had dinner at this place a few days ago, as we had just one night in Panama City before moving onwards.

It was fairly close to our hotel, so we decided to give it a shot.

Walked in from the street without reservation at around 7PM, they took us in without a problem (as the restaurant was fairly empty at that time). Even though, at around 8PM the place was packed full, so reserving a table would probably be a good idea.

Service was excellent, food was terrific! We had ordered three appetizers, two entrees and one desert, all of which was tremendous. Even the bill wasn't as high as I'd have expected it to be (around 90$ including tip for a two person meal including drinks).

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 3, 2016

I very much enjoyed my dinner at Azahar: The pear and feta cheese salad (warm feta covered in almonds over leafy greens and dates) was tasty but maybe a little too sweet (it could have been under the dessert section). However, the chia seed crusted tuna steak, rare, was perfectly done (toasted, crispy exterior and soft, juicy interior). I only wished they had a better selection of wines by the glass. The place was elegant and quiet and the service was impeccable. There is abundant parking, a rare convenience in downtown Panama City. The prices seemed very appropriate for the quality of the menu. I believe it is a must try for anyone exploring the Panamanian culinary scene.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

The tuna pizza was fabulous and the hot sushi with pistachio (I think it was called Mozart) was unexpected and super delicious, never thought of that combination! The prices are decent for the amount of food that you get.

Date of visit: August 2016