“Studio apartment in Casco Viejo”
Review of Patty's Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City
Patty's Casitas
Boise, Idaho
“Studio apartment in Casco Viejo”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We staying in this charming studio apartment March 6th-14th and it was more than we had ever expected and beaufifully decorated. We were within walking distance of restaurants. Everything had been arranged for airport pickup through email with Patty. This studio apartment is so spacious it actually didn't feel like any typical studio apt. Rudy and Patty were very accommodating and so easy to reach, very personable. The kitchen was very well equiped with everything you could possibly need. Looking forward to going back next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great location, amenities, romantic and ideal set-up. We loved everything about this beautiful studio apartment. Patty gave us so many extras about what to do and see, where to tour, where to eat, and included a cell phone for us. The towels are divine, and the kitchen was clean and modern. We appreciated the very beautiful decor and cleanliness. High recommended!

Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I just spent Feb 5-12th in Panama City. We travel quite a bit and I have to say Patty and Rudy's hospitality and attention to detail are unsurpassed by any one else we've ever encountered. The studio apartment was spacious, spotless, tasteful (great art work but not at all cluttered), had high end appliances and the fluffiest bathroom towels ever! :) Not only was it a pleasure staying there but they both gave us many tips on places to visit for sightseeing, breakfast, and other meals. Location was fabulous--easy to walk anywhere you wanted to go in Casco Viejo and close to all the fun! They absolutely made our trip and I would recommend them without reservation to anyone! Hope to return again some day. Deb & Fred

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our first trip to Panama so we were a little nervous about getting around but from day one, Patty and Rudy smoothed the way with airport transfer, guided tours, fixing any glitches that arose quickly and happily, recommending Contadora Island (yea!) and just being there for us anytime we needed anything. I don't think you could find a better place to stay for any price. We stayed at the Amador condo for the first few nights and then in Casco in the beautiful loft. it was very hard to leave our Panama 'home'!

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, don't stay in the loft. But really, it was not a hardship, just ke...
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have rented condos for years while on vacation and this might be the best experience ever. We were in the loft - unit H. Patty was of tremendous help both helping us get some tours lined up prior to our arrival. She greeted us upon our arrival and has been in touch during our entire stay. The unit is nicely appointed with granite counter tops, quality appliances and a comfortable king sized bed. The floors are tiled and the bathrooms new. Patty's information book is well done and informative. She speaks perfect English. I highly recommend this unit. One note -- the bedroom is located in the loft which requires ascending and narrow spiral staircase. I am in my mid 60s and was cautious, but had no difficulty, but you might want to take that into account. Also we were on the third floor and there is no elevator. This doesn't detract from our experience, but elderly and handicapped patrons should take notice.

Room Tip: Confer with Patty about your needs. She will help.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

For many years I have visited Panama not as a tourist but to visit my family and I always felt like I was camping "ruffing it". So when I tell you if you want all the comforts of home while your visiting panama "stay at Patty's Casitas" I know what I am talking about.

On this trip I decided to make other arrangements because I was bringing my adult sons for the first time to panama and new ruffing it wouldn't do and I ran the risk of them never going back.

The condo:
We all agree Patty from the beginning was very accomadating, she took the time to give us instructions, recommendations and made us feel welcomed. Her place was beautiful and comfortable it had everything we needed so we felt at home. If I could I would give her 10 stars.

The neighborhood:
Casco viejo is a great area to walk and eat safely. The local grocery store is within walking distance so literally you dont have to venture outside of the neighborhood if you dont want to.

I am definitely going back and staying at Patty's.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I just wrote a review for their Amador Condo where we spent 3 nights.. followed by one night in the loft. You will be impressed when you enter the loft. Exposed masonry, custom lighting, granite countertops..everything completely upscale in a building that is over 400 years old.. My girlfriend and I spend several hours in the evening on the little balcony talking and drinking Smirnoff Red and watching the sun go down over the old city.. wondering about all the conversations that had taken place there over the centuries. All of these reviews rave about the service you get from Patty and Rudy and I will certainly back that up with my personal experience after staying at two of their properties in September of 2013. You simply can't go wrong and if you are a first time visitor to Panama City you definitely will need some guidance. Rudy's tours are a great investment also.. especially if you are only in town for a few days and don't have time to find your way around. I give Patty and Rudy 5 stars on the entire experience!

Room Tip: Both the Casco loft and the Amador Condo are wonderful places.. very different from each other.. but...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple