“Unbelievable value price quotient”
Review of Hotel Milan

Hotel Milan
Ranked #56 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
St Lazare Quebec
“Unbelievable value price quotient”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Booked under a friend's pensionado so price was discounted, but hotel was outstanding at full rate...free internet, free parking, clean clean clean, comfortable, great staff, joining breakfast restaurant....great place for a downtown stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I've been using this facility for a couple of years now whenever I'm in PTY, and it's great!

The location is pretty decent for the city, and the price they charge is very reasonable for what you are offered.

The rooms give you everything that you will need, and they've recently been renting out some very nice rooms. The older rooms are pleasant and comfortable, but the new additions have really bumped up the quality to a stay at Hotel Milan.

The Assistant Manager, Ms. Ana, is truly the best person I've come into contact with, and she is the sweetest person, and also very, very helpful. I had an issue last year with someone at the reception desk, and she responded to my e-mail immediately and made sure that I wouldn't encounter the same experience again. *Please keep her forever! She is the best of the best!

The restaurant is also of good quality, and you will be able to enjoy some great food there without having to clear out your wallet, and you won't have to wait for a very long time, either. I always take my meals to my room, but the actual restaurant area has decent seating, too.

Taxis are available quite readily on the area, but always make sure to ask the receptionist that is on duty for price quotes, and also for assistance in tracking down a taxi to make sure you aren't taken for a ride, in more ways than one...

Make sure to have your printed confirmation e-mail on-hand when you check into the hotel, it will make your life much easier.

All in all, this is a great hotel to stay at when you're wanting a comfortable place to rest your head, a nice place to grab a meal, and one of the safer, and easily-accessible districts of the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lafleurdoree
Madrid
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel had recently taken into use a new wing, and we were the first users of room 602. We reserved a week in advance, and could have a 15% discount when paying cash (so, the double room costed us 66$). Service really great : check-in from 10am, check-out at 2pm, very helpful for getting a taxi etc, they even printed our boarding passes for our return flight. Recommended in every way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank onzils
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel. The staff were fantastic and we had no difficulties with communication even with those who spoke no English.
The restaurant staff were delightful and we enjoyed the range of different foods. Location was good and we were able to use local buses much of the time. Taxis were readily available for the times when buses were not convenient
We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PhilnMaureen
Panama
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great service, secure garage parking, good food in attached restaurant, large room and bath. Internet works in room (unlike some hotels in the country), No problem receiving the jubilado discount as a retired resident.
Only problem I had was the bed was too hard so I didn't sleep well. Also it's hard controlling the AC temperature.

Room Tip: There are rooms with queen and king. They also have suites with large jetted tub, refrig and bar co...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stanvia
Playa Coronado, Panama
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is relatively new and located near the finance center on a quieter street. We are residents of Panama, living 2 hours from the city. This hotel is a perfect solution for the few times a year we have to spend a night in Panama. Safe parking, walking distance to many locations we need to to frequent. Taxis are frequent. The hotel restaurant is an excellent choice (best liver and onions I've had for a long time) and there are higher end eateries and casinos nearby. The rooms are large and well furnished. Bed is firm. Highly recommended as a base in Panama. Great alternative to the high priced fancy/shmantsy high rise tourist hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama
Reviewed October 2, 2013

... So so location.... But the service is TERRIBLE and there are a lot of nicer hotel in Panama city a lot better than this one with good prices, better location and a lot better service.
I make my reservation traveling from USA for me and my cousin , charge it in my credit card and when I arrived there they didn't even open the garage door because they said they don't acept 2 people with the same sex. I told them that when I make my reservation I said I was traveling with a cousin and they did'nt say anything about it. I ask for my refund and they said they can not give it back. So I send my cousin to the room and I stay all night at the lobby and try to speack with the owner but he was an asswole too. So I WILL NOT RECOMEND this place if you are traveling with your daugther or the father is traveling with his son or with some one with the same sex. Service suck too they also have an actitud that they really don't deserve.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family