“Fabulous location and great bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Milan

and 1 more site!
Hotel Milan
Ranked #55 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fabulous location and great bargain”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We now live in what's considered the interior of Panama (Gorgona -- a lovely beach community) and enjoy going to the city for an overnight about once a month. We've been checking out several of the small bargain hotels and last night stayed at the Milan. It was extremely clean, utilitarian but at such a reasonable rate and in a location which has terrific restaurants all around and good shopping just a couple of blocks away. They're in the midst of an expansion -- so I hope it won't mean they'll be raising the rates soon. The only complaint I have is the pillows are like bricks. Next time I'll bring my own but that's not an option for many. Staff was exemplary from the booking throughout the many times we went in and out. We went with friends so had 4 rooms booked for our excursion. We walked back to the hotel about a half mile after dinner to work off the huge meal and felt completely safe. We love our adopted country, and this hotel is a nice find!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nowtheworld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel is definitely made to cater to Latin American travelers. It is built like a nice Latin American home, nice tile floors, scant furnishings. At first sight an American may not like it but with a paradigm shift it turns out to be very nice. We did encounter some difficulties: no alarm clock in the rooms, no bedside lamp, and no iron available. Some of the nice things were, a free bottle of water in the room, strong wifi signal, and very attentive staff. There is some construction going on around it right now and the machinery begins work early in the morning so bring ear plugs if you want to sleep in. The in-room AC is actually a wall unit that you have to turn on and turn off yourself, it is not automatic. Another odd thing is that they require you to leave your room key behind when you exit the hotel, which is a clear signal to anyone with bad intentions that the room is empty.
The laundry service is cheap but it takes all day. There is a laundry service just a block away that will do it faster and cheaper. The restaurant in the hotel is also okay but we fell in love with Manolo's around the corner because it had better food, wider selection, and better prices.

Room Tip: Away from construction
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We needed a hotel for one night only and after having read the various reviews decided to give this hotel a shot. I contacted them by e-mail (as I could find any information about them at the time) and was shortly confirmed a room.
The room we had was spacious, clean and nice.
Location okay. I would stay here again, probably not for a long stay but 1-2 nights.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed October 3, 2011

After checking in at about 7PM we left to visit a nearby restaurant.
While we were out some one went through our bags and stole a digital camera, iPod and some cash. Unfortunately we only realized this the next day during our flight to South Africa.
The management denies any liability and says they have video footage showing no one entered our room. Thank god we locked our cash wallet in the wall safe.
Lesson learned:
LEAVE NO VALUABLES IN THE ROOM OR THEY ARE GONE

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

When I read a gay couple had been refused a room, I couldn't believe it. But this being a cheaper hotel with overall good reviews, I decided to give it a try anyway. So I tried to book for my and my partner of 12 years. The manager, Francisco Giraldez, immediately replied and explained that all the rooms are for one person or one couple -so far so good. He gave me detailed information about the hotel and how to pay. But when I replied that my partner was a man, he never answered again. I sent him 3 more emails and nothing. He could have changed jobs or gone on vacation, but since there is a precedent of this hotel being anti-gay, I understand he just didn't want to deal with me. In this day and age, what a shameful thing to do. And then they allow prostitutes in for quick tricks? What kind of morals are those? I hope people read this and decide to stay somewhere else where there is no discrimination. What's next? You have to be a catholic so no Jews? Scary.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Thomas877
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Whomever says this place is terrible is out of their mind. Must be a 5 star resort type of traveler. Really clean, friendly, helpful, free internet. Breakfast could be cheaper... Wasn't noisy at all. The neighborhood is great, safe pubs and casinos nearby, not sketchy at all. Shopping, food restaurants, all within a block or two. Walk safe at night here. No worries.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank pretzolio
Hernando, MS
Reviewed August 1, 2011

After reading some of the reviews, I had some concerns. But they all vanished within a few minutes after our arrival. We were greeted by the bellhop who assisted us with our baggage. The check in was very pleasant and organized. The price $58 cash and the rooms were large and very clean. Could not ask for a better location. It is a safe area and we would walk around in the evenings just to get a little exercise. And the little resturant next door was a very nice place to have breakfast in the am and very affordable.

Room Tip: There was some construction next door, but we were far enough away that it did not bother us.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple