“Best trip of my life!”
Review of El Camino Real

Reviewed February 12, 2017

I cannot recommend this trek and Rick Morales, our guide, enough! Two friends and I went on this trek with little expectations (or experience) and literally all agreed this was the best trip any of us had ever been on. Rick was an exceptional guide. He was extremely organized, knowledgeable, experienced, thoughtful, and well prepared. He was also a lot of fun to be around...great attitude, funny, not at all annoying. He sends very detailed information prior to the trip and Skypes with you to ensure you have the right equipment. I would trust everything he says as far as packing suggestions, including the Belleville Khyber Jungle trekking boots (just break them in first! And consider sock liners and lots of bandaids/blister care if not). He gives you exactly the right amount of information, from prior to arrival to every day on the trek. He has a satellite phone, GPS, a great relationship with the local Panamanians...all ensuring your safety and genuine, incredible experience. You spend about 6-7 hours per day trekking, often in rigorous terrain, but are always well supported and get to enjoy the indescribable beauty of the pristine Panamanian jungle. Panamanian porters accompany the trip, helping carry some of the extra supplies and keeping you safe along the way. All of the supplies, including hammocks and tarps, are pristine and very clean. There were physically challenging parts and you should be in decent shape prior to the trek, but my friends and I had never done anything like this before and did very well. Without giving too much away, I would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking to spend a few days in the jungle, camping, being active, and enjoying great people and a truly beautiful environment in a very unique and authentic way. My friends and I are planning another trip with Rick for next year!

Reviewed July 22, 2016

We did our trek through Jungle trek company. The way Rick and his team handled themselves and the logistics during the trek was top notch. The trip has exceeded my expectations of a rain forest trek. This opinion is not only mine but also from my friends who were part of the group. The whole jungle experience has really made a lasting impression on me - not just the pristine jungle, mountains, rivers, streams etc but also the people involved (Rick, Segundo, Kandi, Edwin and Eddie) and what they care and stand for. I surely do see myself going back to Panama.

For anyone who is interested in this trek: I could certainly say that Rick (his English is fluent and impeccable) does a great job communicating and prepping appropriately for the trip. He goes the extra length reviewing all the details from his experience with each individual joining the trip - including what is the complete item list to carry on the trek. Be assured that Rick and his team will ensure that your experiences, needs and safety on the expedition will be well taken care for.

Saludos.

1  Thank 986kfolsom
Reviewed May 4, 2016

Cant say enough about the Camino Real trail. You get really varied topography including rolling pastures, dense primary rainforest, rivers....it was an incredible 3 days. The guides were well informed, very kind, and had great attitudes the whole time. Food was great, we slept in hammocks (they were the hammocks you can close) and one of the best parts was the artifacts from the 14th century trail including a railway bridge and old rail car. WOW! Plus tons of animals. UNFORGETABLE!!

1  Thank Kentpd
Reviewed January 22, 2016

I have only positive things to say about Rick Morales and his Jungle Treks company. I had an amazing experience on the 4-day trek in January 2016. As a single, female traveler, I was totally comfortable the entire time. I was impressed with Rick from the first time I contacted him - he always responded and was clearly very organized. I'm so happy I decided to join this trek and I hope to have the opportunity to go on another trip with Jungle Treks.

2  Thank SM1306
See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2016

I did the Camino Real trek in January 2016. It has been an amazing experience that I would strongly recommend to anyone who wants to experience trekking in the tropical rainforest . Rick Morales from Jungle Treks did an amazing job in preparing us in advance for the trek giving us a lot of information about the hike and the equipment to bring. We even had a video call to make sure that we did not miss anything. We were very lucky and we encountered little rain so I did not find the trek particularly challenging from a physical point of view. We were wet all day long from sweating and walking in the river and making sure that your feet stay in good condition is probably the main challenge! If an opportinity comes up, I would definitely follow Rick and Segundo on another mimi adventure in the future!

1  Thank PFK72