We stayed in this B&B at the beginning and at the end of our self-drive tour through wonderful Panama. We stayed three nights in total.
Second time arrival felt like we were coming home. Managers Bill and Mieke have been great hosts: they know the country very well and gave very useful advices, such as a great fish restaurant at Amador causeway.
The B&B has a small garden that was teeming with all kinds of birds, due to the location close to the protected Ancon hill nature reserve.
To get to the city, we had to take taxis. Some taxi drivers had difficulty finding the B&B, so take the map that Mieke and Bill provide.
We found the room furniture a little basic and outdated, except for the nice mural paintings. The rooms could use some makeover in our opinion.
Other than that, we loved the quietness of the location, the morning's waking up with bird sounds instead of traffic, the good breakfasts, the birds and the hosts. Thanks Mieke and Bill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balboa Inn is a small Bed & Breakfast at the foot of Panama's main landmark, Ancon Hill (Cerro Ancon) in Balboa. Conveniently located between the downtown area, Amador Causeway and just minutes away from the domestic Albrook Airport, Casco Viejo, and the Panama Canal you are away from the city noise yet have access to all its services. The Balboa Inn: a great location, personal service, a real breakfast. Simply good value. Why settle for less? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Balboa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Hotel Panama City
- The Balboa Inn Panama/Panama City