“Even better than last time”

Veneto Hotel & Casino
Ranked #99 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
“Even better than last time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

The managers and staff go out of their way to accommodate your needs. The sushi is the best in Panama. The Spa personal are well trained and excellent.The Veneto has one of the best pool areas in Panama.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Howard W
Thank you for sharing your comments about Veneto, A Wyndham Grand Hotel with the Tripadvisor community. We are very proud that you call us your home in Panama and we hope that you, like our many long term stay guests, continue to be a part of what makes this place special for our friends and guests, if it is for a one night stay or a two month stay.

Cheers,
Irene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

This casino hotel is a great value for your money. The food at the Steakhouse was delicious and so was the food at the Sushi bar. My room showed some signs of wear but was clean, spacious with a great view of the city skyline. The pool/social area was also very nice and clean with a bar, spa and gym. The casino was very entertaining with a live dj and a neat vip area with bottle service. Would definitely return.

1 Thank BiggestCritic
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear BIggest Critic:

Thank you for sharing your comments with the social media community about Veneto , A Wyndham Grand Hotel and Casino. We appreciate your candor regarding the property and the Spa and outdoor pool area. Glad you enjoyed the refurbished VIP Area with bottle service, its a great place to hang with friends.

We are working on the signs of wear in the room you note, and have a rigourous new maintenance program in place that will eliminate that .

Hope to see you many times in the future!
Oakland, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Service and cleanliness were better a year and a half ago. Jr Suite is spacious, but fridge was running but hot. The hallway had a giant wet spot in the carpet for the 3 days I was there. And check in was slow and a hassle.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Coptest:
I am sorry that our performance did not meet that of your prior visits. We have recently had some changes in management, and we are addressing all of the issues you note. We have a new housekeeping manager and a new front desk manager, and when you return on your next trip,our service will surpass your expectations! Please drop me a line when you are next planning to be in Panama, and I will be sure to personally see to your reservations and accomodations.

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is my third or fourth visit to this hotel over last 6 years. Like with every hotel age started to show in this one too. However, its a good conveniently located clean modern hotel with casino. My first room was to close to elevator and I asked to exchange it and it was done without any problem. I came late in the evening and it was only one girl at the reception, but she was very nice and helpful and fast.
Standard room is large enough. Toilet and shower were clean, ceiling could use some fresh painting. Bed was firm and clean. Hotel is on a noisy side - it party place (casino with music), but till reasonable hours unless you go to bed very very early and then you should not stay in hotel with casino. Its another Wyndham around corner. As long as I remember this place always had some odor, but nothing on a major or annoying level.
The internet works perfectly. Sushi bar in front of elevator is of a good quality. Good shopping for men just down the block at Clubman.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank VSPE
Irene V, Director of Sales at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear VSPE
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Veneto, A Wyndham Grand Hotel. But perhaps more importantly, THANK YOU for coming back to visit with us and write another review after your first nearly 4 years ago! We appreciate your continued patronage.

Your room tip is great for first time travelers, we appreciate your commenting on that. I also want to let you know that we are working very hard with our front office team to improve the response and service levels and I am very pleased to learn you had a good experience in that area.

I also wanted to inform you that we have made some profound changes in our maintenance system, and when you return, you will notice those changes

Thanks for being a loyal customer and please look me up when your future travel plans include Panama City, please drop me a note. We'd like to buy you a coffee and say "thanks" in person!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Recently stayed at Veneto over Memorial Day holiday. Found the hotel to be very modern and clean when you walk in. My room was very spacious (Jr Suite). The room was clean except for evidence that the room had previously been smoked in. I called to the front desk in the middle of the night, The night manager Leonardo was very accommodating and had the cleaning crew up right away. And while the hotel was fully booked, they were able to move me the next day. Irene, the Hotel Director was also very accommodating. I will be staying at the Veneto again.

Room Tip: the higher the room, the better.
2 Thank williaml630
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear William L
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate your candor . We have a 100% smoke free policy, bu, some of our guests are not as considerate as others and unfortunately, you suffered the results of another guests non compliance. The great news is we were able to get you comfortable and moved, and you still enjoyed your vacation with us.

I truly appreciate your reaching out to me while you were here, and look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Fayetteville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I just returned from my 4 day trip to the Veneto. I have been numerous times. I truly enjoy my stays there. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. The a/c worked well and I had no problems with the hot water. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and clean. BTW C means hot in the showers at the Veneto. My room did not have any odors. The maids were very accommodating and retrieve ice for me when needed. I did not have any problems getting towels changed during maid service. The hotel was completely booked for a poker tournament that weekend and I am sure towels could have been in short supply. If you upgrade to the executive suites, you can go to the 17th floor hospitality room for light breakfast in the morning and tapas with drinks in the afternoon. They have eliminated the mini bar and left the refrigerators in the rooms so a short trip next door for beverages, etc and you have a place to keep your provisions cold. Good addition, I rarely use an expensive mini bar.

The casino is good, offering many table games and slots with reasonable minimum bets. I had no problem finding a seat at a blackjack table and they continued to open new tables as the crowd increased. They provided me with free drinks while I was gambling which was a plus for a casino located outside of the US. At night, the casino area has a band or DJ for your entertainment and dancing. They have a very good happy hour during the week at the casino bar. Bar service was good and there is a little used bar in the rear with excellent service. I find that service in any Latin American country is some what slower than the expectations in the US such as you have to ask for your check. Yes, you do get better service if you tip well. Also, they have a VIP room for higher limit blackjack, etc which is much less noisy or crowded.

The pool and adjacent bar are extremely nice and not crowded at all. Towels are provided upon request. You can order food from the bar and eat outside in the covered patio area or by the pool. They sometimes have live entertainment by the pool at night. This area is a great place to spend time during the day with great views of the City. The gym area is really nice and well kept. The spa looks really nice but I have not used their services.

The hotel is centrally located within walking distance of many good restaurants, shopping and the new Metro. The service was good and the security was very good. Several times I was harassed by some locals while gambling and the floor man escorted these individuals out of the casino. Yes, there are some ladies in the casino but they will not bother you unless you approach them. It seems to be controlled and i have no problem with this arrangement. The hotel constantly has numerous promotions such as poker tournaments, live pay per view boxing, etc to include restaurants specials and happy hours. They have something for everyone offering many entertainment options. No hotel is perfect but I do enjoy this one.

Of course I have to mention that Irene is an excellent representative of the Hotel. She is truly an asset to the organization. Irene has always made sure my visits were problem free to include arranging personal transportation and sightseeing. In fact, she was able to provide me an upgraded room with the hotel being full. Great job Irene.

Veneto has a sister property in Curacao and Irene was able to get me a room on short notice at peak season with a reasonable rate. That property is also centrally located and the only one with a beach within walking distance of the downtown area. This property is not quite as nice as the Veneto Panama but each property has its advantages and disadvantages. Everyone can find something to complain about with a hotel no matter the rating..

I truly enjoy the Veneto, the staff and the people have have met there. I do plan to return.

3 Thank Jeff R
Dear Jeff:

Thanks for sending us another wonderful review of Veneto A Wyndham Grand Hotel. It is a pleasure to know customers like you who return to us time after time, year after year. (and you are one of the first to try our other beautiful property , Veneto Holiday Beach in Curacao). You have enjoyed the restaurants the casino and all that the property offers. Thank you for being our loyal customer.

I am so proud that you make us your home in Panama when your leisure plans bring you this direction. You can be sure you will always have friends at Veneto and in Panama!

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel had great reviews at several booking sites. Spacious rooms, good restaurants and even a casino. Because all of this I booked a 4-nights stay in a junior suite. The female receptionist was not exactly friendly nor helpful. I got my suite and upon arrival it smelled stale. Sure it's a big room but the interior was very uncomfortable. A bed, a cupboard, a tv and a desk - that's it! Not attractive in any way. The bathroom was huge but of very bad quality. If I would have touched the tiles in the wall they would have come down. The soapholder was almost loosened. The restaurant prooved to be a disaster and the casino was soso. As from 08.00 PM there are a lot of ladies but not only for the casino. Most of them consider the male guests as a jackpot. OK for you if you're in for that.
This *****hotel does not stand up to its standard. For sure I will have a look for another hotel by return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear JanvanDoorn
Thank you for sharing your comments. We apologize that you had a service experience that did not meet your expectations, nor ours. We are constantly striving to make improvements in all areas of the property, including service and room product. If you would be kind enough to let me know when you are next planning a trip to Panama, I humbly request an opportunity to show you the changes we have made and the improvements that are in progress.