“Great casino! Terrible food! Eat some place else!”

Veneto Hotel & Casino
Ranked #100 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great Casino for great times! The restaurant should be leveled and started over....for real...you may get sick. Eat accross the street at Manolos or at Caffe Pomodoro! I also recommend eating at Tantalo and Las Clementinas in Casco Viejo. I hear Gauchos is good but did not try. Go to the Veneto to Gamble and have drinks but stay away from the food. Not sure why it is so bad but it IS!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Richard I
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your candor and we have passed along your comments to our food and beverage manager for immediate action. I am pleased to inform you that we have hired a new executive chef and when you next return to visit, I am quite sure you will see a dramatic improvement in both the service and the quality of the food.

Our new chef is redesigning the menu selections to better meet the tastes and requirements of our international and local cleintele with the highest quality ingredients and recipes designed for fast service. For a more leisurely dinner, we encourage you to try the New York Steakhouse on your next visit, the steaks are fabulous. Thanks again Richard, for your comments. Please allow us to show you all of our changes on your next visit!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Frankly I was shocked ... now don't get me wrong I am no prude and have lived in Central America for 25 yrs now, so I like to think that I have seen it all and am a very tolerant, live and let live guy - but this hotel/casino is just out of control. I have never seen a bar/casino/hotel so filled to the brim with prostitutes of all shapes, sizes and colors - it just boggles the imagination - it was wall to wall! None of the women ( or girls ) were carded for ID on their entrance so who knows how many underage girls were " working " the hotel on the night I was there. As I believe this is a US owned property, one would think that that would be a bit more socially responsibility and at least go through the motions to insure that minors are not allowed in the property. But in reality it seems obvious that the hotel encourages this prostitution without limits, as it brings in gamblers - mostly foreigners of course. It's quite disgusting and I would hope that consumers and the public put pressure on Wyndam to clean up their act asap! Panama authorities should be ashamed that this goes on.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Mochilero22
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Its a great location, I don't think you could go wrong in Via Veneto or via espana. Theres shops, restaurants, nightclubs, casino and even grocery stores and pharmacies around, anything you could possible need. The hotel staff could be more customer service oriented, call me dramatic but I like the staff to staff to stay behind when I am walking into an elevator and things like that, reception staff was a little rude or maybe I am asking too much as I work on customer service as well. The rooms are very big and comfortable, a little more light would be awesome. The beds are comfortable, big flat screen tv, nice views, great swimming pool with city view. The hotel was built years ago and I feel that it needs some maintenance, when this hotel was first built it was one of the best hotels in town, categorized 5 stars, I would give it a 3 stars maybe 3.5.
The biggest problem is all the prostitutes outside the hotel and in the casino, the security staff should not let them in, it definitely gives a bad image and reputation to this hotel. Last thing I want when I leave the hotel is some prostitute "offering" their services with the code phrase, " hi sexy do you want to party"?? most of them are not from Panama though, they come from either Colombia or Dominican Rep.
What I can say though is again, the location is amazing..for the price you would pay booking this hotel, book The Tryp Panama center also by Wyndham is just across the street and has way better service and rooms, very modern and theres not "social workers aroud"
Enjoy Panama! the via espana is 3 mins away, great street for shopping and people watch, multiplaza, the biggest and most exclusive mall in central America is a 10 min cab ride only, albrook mall another great mall if you want great discounts is another 10 mins away! you can never go wrong with any hotel in the area, very safe and convenient

Room Tip: anything beyond floor 9
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank oriel e

Dear Oriel E
Thanks for your frank comments. Our management team takes these types of comments very seriously and we are in the midst of a multifacets image change that we believe will make a significant difference on the property.

We invite you to come visit with us again and see the changes we are making.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Clean oversize Rooms, Nice shower and bathroom, warm welcomes from the employees super nice casino and good machines to play all night, nice Sushi bar, Very good breakfast, Great Spa, Great Location for Restaurants walking distance, Casino, Bars and to the mall. Perfect get away for Friend to party and enjoy the night. Will return in July.

The weather was hot perfect for the beach.

I like the Veneto hotel very much Thank you for the hospitality

Room Tip: Great rooms on the top floor with nice city view -sitting by pool. The presidential suite is perfe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Juan E
Thanks for your kind comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and the Tripadvisor community. When next you are in Panam, please drop us a note , we'd like to say Thanks peronally!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Not really the most convenient location but with restaurants and convenience stores nearby. Steakhouse was average; sushi bar was excellent and reasonably priced. Beds were extremely comfortable and the room was clean and just fine. Not much light in the large bathroom. Wi-fi worked only sporadically but at least it was free. The pool and pool bar area are quite nice. This is a gambling/prostitution heaven. If these things turn you off, don't stay here. I felt ripped off but safe. Front desk staff was totally unfriendly, unsmiling, unwelcoming.

Room Tip: Most rooms are probably the same.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank David N

Dear DavidM:

Thank you for posting your candid and direct comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know both your good and bad comments. The lapse in service that you experienced at the front desk is not acceptable to us, and I want to personally let you know that we are retraining our team to better serve our valuable customers. When next yo u are in Panama, please stop by and visit with us and we can share with you our improved service level!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stay at this hotel for business twice each year. The location is great as it is right in the mix with a variety of restaurants and shops within a 5 minute walk.

Because the hotel is attached to a casino, it attracts a wide assortment of prostitutes and con artists; however the hotel security does a great job of trying to restrict them to the casino area unless they are invited up to a room.

The rooms have a "musty" smell due to the humidity, though they are very clean. The breakfast in the lobby restaurant is good, but DON'T order the room service....food is cold and overpriced. there are other fast food joints located within steps of the hotel.

The higher the floor, the better the room since after the casino on the 2nd floor, the next 3 floors are all business floors (parking, spa, etc.) the higher floors totally block out the noise.

Room Tip: The higher the room floor, the better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Touche57

Dear Touche57:
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the time you took to share your comments both with us and with the Tripadvisor community. I wanted to let you know that we take customer comments very seriously, and yours is no exception. We have begun a project o revamp the room service menu to allow faster delivery of hot, fresh foods.

When your next semiannual trip brings you to Panama, please do not hesitate to drop me a note and we"ll make sure to connect for a coffee or a cocktail. I'd liek to show you some of our plans for room changes and as a frequent visitor, solicit your opinon.

Thanks again for being a loyal customer!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The rooms are OK. Clean, comfortable, quiet and properly amenitized although a personal coffee maker would be a nice plus.
I highly do not recommend eating or drinking at this hotel; it is grotesquely overpriced. Especially fitting the overpriced category is the sad "breakfast" buffet. At $15 per person it offers very little from ambiance to service to value. The Casino bar/restaurant is good but you must enjoy your experience around the multitude of "working girls" and the many adorning male admirers.The Pool Bar had a nice roof top feel and reasonable value. The Sushi on the Lobby level was very good but again overpriced and lack atmosphere.
It should be disclosed somewhere that this is a "working girl" casino spot. Not exactly "couples" oriented environment.
I had a special request during my 4 day stay and found that Mr. Andres Patiño was exceptional is his willingness to help and in delivering on his promise.
When coming back to Panama City, as I know I will, I will surely explore other options before staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DannyB1
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear DannyB!
Thanks for your comments. We are very pleased that Andres was able to make an impression strong enough for you to remember his name and comment on in publicly. I also am writing to let you know that we are committed to changing the image of the hotel and casino and we do invite you back to see those changes when next you return to Panama.